Tuesday, September 23, 2008

this one's for you bec.....





okay bec, this post is just for you - since you bet it would be a month before i posted again.

ha ha. it just so happens that i am home with a sick child today, so i made the time. lula has the stomach bug, so i got the call from her school yesterday to come and pick her up. so, i have learned the "joys of motherhood" in trying to read the signs that your 18 month old is about to projectile vomit everywhere so that you can get her somewhere remotely okay. (ie. not on the sofa, mommy and daddys bed, on the sisal rug.....you know the tricks) it never dawned on me until yesterday that she wouldn't automatically go to the toilet to throwup. lets just say that my gag-reflux got the test of time. she is doing well today, just recovering and trying to get over the "other end" of the bug - the diarrhea, cha cha cha.

here are some pictures from the park on sunday. we had a good time. louisa loved the big-girl swings, and would rather be in those than the "kiddie swings." imagine that. she also loved the slide and wanted to go down over and over and over again. mommy and daddy were winded leaving the park! i also took a picture of her and daddy playing at her new table and chairs.

until next time, bec. :)

10 comments:

aunt sandy said...

yea!!!!!!! I finally figured out how to use this thing....These are great sugar-- keep it up!

pmginn said...

I love her expression coming down the slide! What a pretty dress - who's smocking these days?!

pmginn said...

Oh - careful for little green peas and projectile vomiting. Amazing how far those little buggers can travel - because OF COURSE they didn't get chewed up!

Amy S. Norris said...

haha - wouldnt know about the green peas. my child still refuses to eat anything green! that dress was a hand-me-down from a neighbor, but i think mom is still smocking.

Rebecca said...

Ok, ok, you got me! I'll send the money asap. Put it in Weisa's school supplies fund! ;)

Julie, Mitch & Chapman said...

You have to tell me where you got the table. I just love it and Chapman needs one.

Tori Hayes said...

I love the table...that is the one from Goodwill you bought and painted, right? I went to look for a table there a few days after I talked to you, but they were all gone. I'll have to keep checking back.

Amy S. Norris said...

yep - its my goodwill table. i am so sad that they were gone, because i just told julie about them yesterday. it was such a good deal, super easy to paint and she LOVES it!

The Bryans said...

Love the pictures! I spend my lunch minutes looking at Cheesa. Can't wait to see you guys! Tell Doc Hello!

Katie said...

ooooh my, really now? cant wait to experience the stomach bug...


and I LOVE THE SMOCKED DRESS!!!!! i have a friend who dressed her daughter in nothing BUT smocked clothing.