Sunday, November 23, 2008

All I want for Christmas....................

.........is some SLEEP!!!! For real. That is all I ask. Just 4 uninterrupted hours. I know, Dr. Smith - be careful what you wish for, right!? But I think I would do so good with it. On Friday, I was home sick with the stomach bug, and I got tons of sleep, no thanks to Phenergan, but that doesn't count!

Last night was ROUGH with Lula. I don't know what was going on. Don't know if she is starting to get sick or what, but she just did not sleep. Usually, she sleeps great for the first 3 hours or so once we first put her down, but not last night. Finally at one point, I told Byron, "I'm just going to get her and put her in our bed." First of all, Louisa is not a snuggler but I thought, hey, what kid doesn't want to be in mom and dad's bed? Seriously, that is like the best place EVER when you are a kid. Well, she hasn't gotten that message. She squirmed and whispered and talked and poked my eyeballs and stuck her fingers in my nose and mouth, etc. Finally, I just got back up and went back into her room into the most uncomfortable wooden rocking chair ever, and got back to my business, old-school style. Who knows. I sure don't.

Anyway, we are leaving for Kentucky Tuesday night after Byron and I get off of work. Another all-night trip. Wahoo. However, Byron is currently outside throwing up his toenails (because he doesn't want to risk waking Lou in the house) and I can only imagine that Louisa is next, so I don't really know how that is supposed to play in with our trip. I know that God only gives you what you can handle, but I think he thinks a lot more highly of me than I do.........because I can see the nervous breakdown right around the corner. That wooden rocker that is so uncomfortable is about to see me fall right off of it, wont be the first time, ha!

1 comment:

Julie, Mitch & Chapman said...

OMG Amy!!!!! You are such a saint! : ) I hope B gets better and little Lula stays well for your trip. I tried calling you tonight to say hello but we'll talk later!