Tuesday, November 25, 2008

A time to be Thankful

Somehow, Thanksgiving has crept up on me this year. Is it really the end of November already!!?? I mean, I have seen the turkeys and the orange and brown decorations and all, but when did this happen?

When I picked Lula up from school yesterday she had her "artwork" that was a picture of a turkey and it said "This year I am thankful that I am not a turkey." Cute, right. It dawned on me, that I have not even sat still long enough to give thanks this year and determine what it is that I am thankful for. As with every year, there are a ton of things that I am so grateful and thankful for, but I try to focus on just one. So, as I laid in bed last night I thought long and hard. It seems that right now in my life, things keep going wrong (or just not how I want them to, which you know - is wrong). I keep finding myself asking for a break and for something to just go "easy." Well, it dawned on me last night that for all of these things that are "going wrong," I bet that each one has a silver lining that I just have not found yet. I am a true believer that everything happens for a reason, whether we can figure out the reason or not - but this is sooo true, and I dont know how I have overlooked this for so long. So, now instead of focusing on everything that is not going my way, I am going to try and find the silver lining to it all. I know it is there, I just havent been looking at it right. So, this year, I am thankful for silver linings. I think there is a Grateful Dead song for that.....I will get by, we all know the tune.

Okay, that is enough "cheese" and "deep thoughts" for me for the next 2 years. I will spare everyone from here on out. I know that my mom is reading this and is just reveling in the fact that yes, I am thankful for something. She started a Thanksgiving journal about 5 years ago that she brings out each Thanksgiving and has everyone write what they are thankful for. I have made fun of her each and every year, refused to write in it and told her how cheesy it is. Well mom, here is your laugh. Haha.

Im going to do a first and give a "shout-out" in my blog. I want to wish mom and dad Happy Birthdays. Dad's bday is tomorrow (Wed) and mom's is Thurday. I hope that yall both have a great day!

Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

pmginn said...

Did your mom tell you that she printed your blog and put it in the book?! You're the lead-off for 2008. :)

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving; we missed you in Savannah.

Love, Aunt Penny