Sunday, December 7, 2008

Alabama Christmas

If you are not an Alabama fan, you may want to turn down the volume of the blog during the month of December. I love music, all kinds, but there is something about Alabama that I just love. Well, I grew up listening to the original Alabama Christmas tape each year at Christmas. Believe it or not, I cannot find the CD, I have looked for the last few Christmases. But, anyway - I am not one that really enjoys decorating the tree or house, etc. Crazy I know. But it is a no-brainer that listening to some of Alabama's Christmas songs will get me in the Christmas mood quickly. They almost put chills on my arms when I hear them. I was very sad to see that I couldnt download all of the songs to play on my blog - but I found a few.

There is not anything else that I can think of that brings me back to childhood more than this album. I can remember being in the den of our house on Nassau playing this tape over and over, and flipping it when it needed to be on side 2 and dancing and singing, probably driving my mom crazy since I dont think she really likes country music! Sadly, Thistlehair the Christmas Bear was one that I couldnt find, but I remember before I learned how to work the tape player asking Dad to play the bear song over and over and not understanding why I had to listen to all the other songs before it got to it! Just goes to show, I've never had patience! Also, during Homecoming Christmas there was a spot on the tape that was bad so it always sounded funny.

Hope you all enjoy and maybe it will bring you back too!

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

OMG! This song brings back so many memories. I remember listening to them at my house! I miss you and can't wait to see yall. Please call me when you are in town next. Thanks for sharing these songs with us.

The Milan Family said...

love, love, LOVE the christmas card! did i miss your last day @ work? the time just passed me by. i had hoped to drop by. let me know.

Amy S. Norris said...

nope. last day is the 18th, this thursday. bittersweet.

The Milan Family said...

ok!