Sunday, December 7, 2008

Christmas Tree Farm



The place where we went to pick out a pumpkin also has a tree farm where you can go and cut down your own tree. I have never done this before, but have wanted to for a few years, so we took Louisa back to Nichols-Boyd Farms today to pick out the perfect tree. Luckily we got there at a time that wasn't too crowded and we were able to get on the tractor and go out to the field where we got to chose our own Leland Cyprus. We found the perfect one, and a nice boy that worked at the farm cut it down for us. Louisa was too busy running around and kicking dirt balls to care about the tree, but I was stoked.

When we got home Byron was SUPER sweet and put all of the lights on the tree (temper-tantrum city for me) while I put the wreaths on the windows and got all of the mantles (we have 3 fireplaces, yes 3.....and not a one have we ever used!) and stockings ready. Louisa was once again too busy, this time eating popcorn, to care. Then she got into helping Byron put the ornaments on the tree and all you could hear from the other end of the house "I do it, no I hold it." Yes, Louisa, you can do it.

Here are some pictures.

This is Louisa watching the man cut down the tree.


Loving to run around in the field and kick all of the dirt balls.


"Helping" us to trim the tree.



Daddy carrying the tree.


Too bad you can't see the horns that usually disrupt the halo.


Here is the finished product, well sort-of finished. Haven't gotten all of the ornaments because I can't find my box of wire thingies that hang the ornaments on the tree to finish.




PS - here is April, the donkey/zebra mix that is the inspiration behind our goldfish "Zonkey."

3 comments:

Julie, Mitch & Chapman said...

oh that is tooo good - givin some love to the Zee-donk!! : )

Rebecca said...

You have got to be kidding me, a freaking Donkey/Zebra?!??!!! I cannot stop laughing!

Amy S. Norris said...

come on bec, this is mississippi, remember!!!