Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Sleep Study Round 2

I know in my last post about the sleep study I said I wouldn't do it again because it was so awful, but here we go again. The sleep guys are hell-bent and pressed in believing that it is her reflux causing the central apnea, but the GI doctor says no way. So, the only way that we can figure this out and go further with treatment is to do another sleep study with a pH probe in place. Here is the kicker, I have to take her to the GI doctor tomorrow afternoon before the sleep study for the probe to be placed. For those fortunate enough not to know what is involved with this, let me just paint a beautiful picture. They have to put a tube down Lula's nose that goes into her belly. Yep. For real. I personally have never had this done to me, but unfortunately have done it to many children when I worked at the Children's Hospital, and it is not a good time to be had by anyone. I am so nervous and torn up that I cannot even sit still. It is so past my bedtime right now but I cannot even think of sleeping, I just panic each time I close my eyes. I feel awful.

Just please everyone say a little prayer that we will get some answers this time. I know Byron and I are so ready to move on from this, and if Louisa could just put it in words I can only imagine what she'd be saying.

I will try and keep everyone updated, but we probably wont have the results for a few weeks.

4 comments:

Misty said...

We are definitely keeping all of you in our prayers. I can't imagine what you must be going through! Good luck!!!

Andy, Katie, and Leighton said...

You poor thing! I am so sorry yall are having to go through all of this! I will be praying for yall. I hope you will get some answers soon!

Tori said...

I will be praying for you all. I can't imagine what you have been going through.

The Milan Family said...

oh amy. i am so, so sorry. I'm praying for y'all right now. call me and let me know how it goes. xoxo