Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Technology Help!

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE music. I can just listen to it all day long. Sometimes I long to be back in Athens, Georgia right smack in the center of it all where most of the great bands begin. When I lived in Savannah, after I graduated from UGA, it was great. I still had a fairly good music scene, plus a jam-up classic rock station that I still miss to this day. When I moved to Macon, Ga. I was without a good radio station and it was no fun. Well, here I am in Jackson, Ms. where the music scene hasn't even thought of coming here, and don't get me started on radio stations.

So, enter Santa Claus. He got me an MP3 player so that I could download all the music that I wanted to have at my own disposal. I am SUPER excited about this gift. But one small hang-up.......................I don't know how to use it. :(

I am asking for feedback for all of you out there that download music to your devices. What are good sites, how much do they cost, what is the variety of music, are there free sites, etc.????

Help!! Just post your answers as comments. I greatly appreciate it!

PS - the new song on the blog is a shout-out to my old Athens days. Talk about some good music!

2 comments:

pmginn said...

I am sadly no help; I don't own an MP3 player and don't know how to use one. And I work in a technology field. I should be ashamed, huh?! Good luck!

Phoebe said...

itunes is your best bet. it costs $1/song but the free sites are illegal.