Friday, January 2, 2009

2009 - It's Going to be a better year!



So, today marks my 2 week anniversary for being a stay at home mom. I will have to honestly say, "I LOVE IT!" I was soooo scared of it, and I may still be in the "honeymoon" phase, but it is going great. And the best part is.......Louisa is a completely different child. We are getting her sleeping better at night, she is actually taking naps in the day. Knock on wood, her temperment had done a 180 turn, the tantrums have decreased significantly, I mean, I can't even say enough!

Now, I hope like all get-out that I am not jinxing things by even putting this in writing. I just never imagined I would see this much of a difference in such a short time period. And for my sanity, it is still here! I am actually enjoying this all. I am never one to regret things that I have done in the past because I think that you have to live and learn........but why didn't I "retire" sooner?

Yeah, my spending money is decreased, we work on a tighter budget now and we all but almost passed out when we got our property tax bill (Hinds county just came out this year and reassessed my area of Fondren/Woodland Hills for the first time in years) and found out it increased 13 times. Yep, seriously. But, this is wonderful.

So, for the New Year, I am super optimistic. 2007 and 2008 were rough years, the latter being the worst - but I think that things are looking up for now. Yipee!

Happy New Year from the Norris family!

4 comments:

The Milan Family said...

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!! I KNEW EVERYTHING WOULD BE O-K!!!!!! Wow, I can't believe Lu has actually done a 180. Congrats and I'm so happy for you! Happy New Year!

pmginn said...

I am SO glad to hear things are looking up. You certainly deserve it. Love, Aunt Penny

Carol said...

I am so glad things are going better. I love you & miss you guys.

The Trustys said...

Amy - we are sad to hear you won't be Morgan's nurse anymore, but we are so happy for you. I'm glad Morgan's second tub video offers Lu some enjoyment! We will try to keep them coming!