Tuesday, January 6, 2009

If the shoe fits............



Back before I got all responsible and had to save money and pay bills and be all grown-up and such, I had a small obsession with shoes. What girl doesn't go through this phase? I think that if I allowed myself to even walk through shoe stores now I could potentially get myself in trouble.......but we are working on self control this year!

Well, it seems as though Louisa has gotten it honestly. Bless her heart. :) For the Louisiana family that witnessed it that day shopping in Plaquemine, you know what I am talking about. The child LOVES shoes. Is fascinated by them and always wants to try on everyone else's shoes. When you go to a store, if she even sees the shoe department, she already is working on getting her shoes off and saying "I try on. Choose." Usually she will pick out the tackiest pair and fall head over heels. This is an on-going thing.

I have blogged before about the pink cowboy boots that Mimi and Gandaddy so graciously bought her that I have to keep hidden. Well, as she was "helping" me clean her room the other day, she found them. Yay, right? Needless to say, she wont wear anything else at the moment. This explains the photo at the top of her in her pj's and boots. Obsession much?

Well, this next picture is one of my faves. As I was trying to clean today, I could hear her rustling in my closet. This is a favorite hiding place of our cat Murray, so I figured she was just being tormented........until she presented herself. In my shoes - a boot and a flip flop. She was so proud. "I wear yo choose mommy." Sure, Louisa - wear them all you want!



Okay, this picture I added a day later bc when I got out of the shower, this is what I found, well, should I say "heard." I was in my room and heard her clunking around on the hardwoods in the breakfast room. I mean, this is a constant in our house!



PS - On a side note, to the ENT wives that were over last night: you know how I told Louisa that "people" were coming to see her and she didn't want to sleep because she knew that yall were here? Well, anyway as we stood in the door and said bye to Tori, Betty and Mandy, as soon as I shut the door, not even kidding, the child said, "Mize peapoles don, I go ni-night mommy." And she did........... What a mess I have on my hands!

3 comments:

The Bryans said...

That is too funny! Thanks for the laugh. :)

Misty said...

I wish I had been there for ENT wives!!! How's Taste of UMC coming?

Tori said...

Ella loves shoes too!!! She tries on my shoes and Jon's every morning it seems like while I get ready!
Too funny:)