Saturday, January 10, 2009

The next Picasso





Louisa has been Byron's shadow this weekend. And, Saturday was no different. Luckily for me, after her nap - Byron watched Louisa while I worked on some brownie-goose orders and gave me a slight break. Little did I know what they were up to. I walked into the den to do something on the computer and the two of them were sitting down watching Bob Ross on the TV. For those of you who know him like I do - Bob Ross is the "happy little tree" man with the afro that paints on PBS. I didn't even know he was still around, but there he was over my fireplace and inspiring my husband. He asked if we had paints, and of course we did - so I told him to strip her down to a diaper, cover her table in newspaper and have at it. As you can see from the photos, Louisa had a blast. However, she did not like to get paint on her hands or fingers - so finger painting was out of the question. At one point, Byron turned into Martha Stewart and began cutting "stamps" out of potatoes that were in the pantry so that they could dip them in paint and almost sponge paint. I was super impressed by that move, didn't know he had it in him. The sound effects were priceless, I cannot even begin to impersonate those.

Byron told her that we could paint a picture to bring to our friends Neil and Kathryn, who Lula adores. Well, that was the end of it. She kept saying, "Neil Kaffrin, are you. Neil Kaffrin house." She is at the developmental stage that should be called broken record. She just repeats things over and over until she either tires or she gets what she is requesting. Sadly enough, they weren't home, so we had to tell her that we weren't going to see Neil and Kaffrin, and she broke down. Luckily, we saved the day by letting her go to their house later and delivering her artwork.

21 months going on 13.................

3 comments:

pmginn said...

What a happy face! I thought Picasso painted nudes ... not IN THE nude!

HollyBerry said...

Amy - this post is quite possibly the cutest if come across in a while! So glad you stopped by my blog. I'll be sure to tell Doc we are enjoying each other's girls! Oh, and I will certainly be taking good care of her...She's growing WAY to fast...8 1/2 months now! Can't believe it!

Mary said...

Louisa is so precious! I'm glad to see your blog so I'll have a way of keeping up with you and your peeps. We already miss you at Children's Medical Group! So glad you are home with Louisa now but I feel like I should still call you a couple of times a week and ask you questions about Tripp and Mollie! haha. Enjoy being a stay-at-home mom! I'm envious!