Wednesday, February 4, 2009

No Words to Describe.............





This child cracks me up. These photos were taken last night as we were trying to "wind down" for bed time. Haha. She is nuts anyway, but now it is a bit exaggerated since she is on steroids for a bit of wheezing. A nurse I used to work with would classify her as "cuckoo-nanas."

These are her goggles that I think she stole from my parents house last summer. She doesn't call them goggles or glasses or anything of that sort, for some reason, anything that goes on your eyes that resembles glasses are "neckaces." Where she came up with this one, I am not sure, but I have tried to correct her and it does NO good. She found these when we were cleaning out her toy box last week and has been obsessed with them ever since. Last week when we went out to run errands, she insisted (she is very aware of what she wants, wonder where she got that) on wearing her tutu over her outfit and her "neckace" around her neck. People were some kind of staring at us. Once again, you can tell quickly by their responses who has children and who doesn't. The people who have children think: "ahhh, i know exactly how she feels. toddler days." People who don't have children: "what is wrong with that mom, why does she let her child leave the house looking like a rag-a-muffin?" Every time she "accessorizes" herself, I have to think of the movie Big Daddy where Adam Sandler lets the boy dress himself. Thank goodness we don't have flippers in the house or I KNOW those would be her faves! Don't get any ideas Mom!

Enjoy these photos, I couldn't scale them down to just 1 or 2, because you can see her personality in each one. Hopefully you will get a laugh out of these today, or at least leave my blog wondering.........."gosh, why does that mom let her child run around the house in a diaper wearing goggles? Has she fallen off her rocker"? Yes, and I enjoy being on the floor! :)

PS - note the belly! I love it!

4 comments:

Brandy and John said...

She is super cute... I think you should let her wear whatever she wants! Love the neckaces :)

kerisullivan said...

Amy- this blog is my new favorite way to procrastinate. She's precious!! P.S. are your friends Kathryn and Neil Burkhalter?? Kathryn was a friend at UGA! Small world!

pmginn said...

Amy, I love checking your blog in the morning cause it gets my day off to a great start. I love hearing about your cuckoo-nana, and even better when there's a belly laugh involved.

You're giving me some great ideas for what sorts of things I should buy for my grandchildren when I have them ....

Katie said...

love mallard in the background checkin out the bag of dog food :)