Thursday, February 19, 2009

Peas in a Pod

Well, we survived our first round of pink eye. I should say survived very lightly as I have not gotten it, yet.........and with my luck I think it will come on Saturday morning just in time for Taste of UMC. Yipee. Anyway, somehow I have managed to avoid the plague of conjunctivitis my entire life, I don't understand how this is possible because my little sister had it like every other week growing up. Well, Lou got it. In both eyes and it was gross. She looked pitiful, and to top it all off, she has an ear infection. So, once again I am wondering HOW IN THE WORLD I ever worked and dealt with her up all night. Oh, and by the way............WHY is she sick? I had a lunch last week in which she was in a nursey for a whopping 1 hour - is that it, or is it coincidence? Once again, SO GLAD to be at home with her!

We watched our friends Phoebe and Kyle's little girl Lucy Neal last night while they went to a get-together for Kyle's new job (YAY he got a position at AirCare at UMC, way to goooo!). Louisa and Lucy Neal play often, as her mom and I do. :) However, as I was cooking them dinner, Byron sat on the sofa with them and watched Little Mermaid (a new obsession for the time being) and I snapped this picture. Too cute!

3 comments:

Brandy and John said...

Hope the pink eye stays away from you...

Kristen said...

yes i use to wonder the same thing- how did u stay up all night with lou and come to work in the AM? because i could barely do it going to bed at 1030, haha...but thats just me!!!

Misty said...

Y'all have fun at "Taste". I wish I could come by and sample whatever you've made. I'm sure it's great! Did Dr. Stringer spring for more money this year, or did the fiscal tide restrict you?