Thursday, April 16, 2009

Shame On You Women at McDades!

Okay, so I debated over and over about making this post - but I am still so outraged that I figured I might as well write and maybe my rage would disappear. I feel bad that I have 2 posts in a row with no pics of Louisa, but I am sure that I will make up for that later.

So, I went to McDades (for those of you not in Jackson - this is a grocery store)today to pick up some items that I needed to make an appetizer for my girls night out tonight. I figured I would avoid the McDades that is right around the corner from me as it was lunchtime and between their amazing deli, Brent's and the small deli inside of the antiques market - the parking lot is BONKERS, and Kroger was out of the question because I am just over it right now. So, I went to the McDades on Northside in Maywood Mart. Bad decision on my part, the place was crawling with you-know-whos. I will refrain from blogging about these people, but for those of you who know me, you know who I am talking about.........what I call them starts with a V. Anyway, yes my child is a handful. I KNOW this, trust me - I am with her 24/7 and yes, sometimes she annoys me, but it is MY child and I am allowed to get annoyed by her. Let me just list the hoop-la that went on in the store while I was there for maybe 15 min tops. I was outraged, once again waiting for Ashton Kutcher to jump out and tell me I was being Punked. Nah, I was just in Jackson, Ms.

The events unfolding...........
1. As I was standing in the line waiting to have deli meat cut, Louisa was dancing and putting on a show like she does when there is an audience. One lady commented on how cute she was and I politely told her thank you. And then she asked how old she was, and I told her two, and this is what came out of her mouth. "Oh my, she is two? She sure is small, is there anything wrong with her? That isn't normal is it?" I was speechless, and wondering how much trouble I would be in if I took her out. I decided against violence and politely replied, "It depends on how you define normal. Has anyone asked you if there was something wrong with you since you are tall?" And she shut her mouth, and I mine and we continued to stand in line in silence. I can only guess that my ears were a fiery shade of red. I felt bad for being rude, but COME ON people, it is called tact - and one would think with your status as a "V----ger" you would have proper upbringing.
2. The deli line was close to a salad bar that had tons of people piling up all kinds of goodies on their salads. As I was in line, I noticed this one girl fixing her salad talking SO LOUDLY about her ovulation schedule (I am not even kidding on this one)to some poor soul on the other end of her cell phone. Once again.....tact people! Anyway, I had already judged her as getting on my nerves. And my nerves were on edge after event #1 already mentioned. Well, as we walked by her to get to the produce section, Louisa was singing, and I am sure it wasn't her "inside" voice since she really doesn't have one, but whatev. Anyway, ovulation announcer looked at Louisa then at me and rolled her eyes and said to the poor soul on the phone, "hold on I can't hear you because there is a child running crazy and screaming right beside me." OMG let me just tell you. First off, I was holding her hand........second off, if you are talking about your ovulation, you obviously want children and just wait girlfriend........and third off, get OFF of your dern cell phone while you are fixing your lunch and STOP grossing everyone else out in line. COME ON!!!
3. Why I had not left the store by this point, I don't even know. But, as I was standing in line to checkout Louisa was flirting with a meltdown, rightfully so - it was her lunch time. Anyway, the lady in line in front of me looked at me and said, "looks like she needs a spanking for that awful behavior." SERIOUSLY!!!!!!!! Speechless for the second time in 15 minutes, I bit my tongue for what I really wanted to say. And instead I told her the truth, that I try not to spank when I am angry, and she so sweetly replied, "oh, well that is what is wrong then."

What in the crap was wrong with these women at McDades today? Honestly I will NEVER again go to that specific store. I was so put out by the time I got Louisa to the car I just wanted to cry. My mom raised me to know when to keep my mouth shut. Too bad those other ladies didn't have the same. I mean, these people were just flat out MEAN. I made the decision after I had Louisa and figured that I no longer had control over the situation that I would NEVER judge another parent for any sort of parenting, because honestly - you don't know what they go through. Shame on those ladies! For real!!!

6 comments:

Tori said...

First of I wish I were with you...to say "well this one (Ella) is almost two and they are the same size...you must not be around 2 year olds very much". I don't know if I could have kept my mouth shut about the spanking thing...Oh my goodness. I can't believe people are so blunt and don't think before they speak. These people obviously aren't aren't toddlers very much. Wow!!

Julie, Mitch & Chapman said...

Amy - I am laughing so hard right now at the situation but honestly that is the most ridiculous thing I have *Ever* heard of!!!!! I mean, seriously, have these people ever had children? If so, are they perfect little angels? Again, if so, they should write a book or host a talk show to tell all of us moms whose children all act the same (singing loudly, acting out, embarrassing us...) how it should roll. I commend you for holding your tongue because I know what it's like to feel like that. AMY - you are a great mommy and call me next time and we'll get all the kids there and get them all wound up right before we go in! Won't that be fun!!! : )

Rebecca said...

I would have beat some McDade's a$$! I surprised you remained as "cool" as you did. People need to keep their comments to themselves. Do I need to make a trip to Jackon and kick some a$$??

Statesboro Blues Baseball said...

You are a bigger woman than me, because I think by the second time I would have laid into someone! She's freaking two years old, those ladies need to get over themselves!!! Lord only knows how many people my three boys have run off, that's just all part of being a kid.

Andy, Katie, and Leighton said...

She is superwoman!! I would want to be your friend too if I didn't know you and stalked your blog.

The Milan Family said...

My blood is BOILING right now and I will never step foot in that store.