Wednesday, May 6, 2009

MISSING: My Dining Room Table

Okay, so - you know when you see someone that you know that has a fairly gnarly looking bruise or cut and you ask them how they got it. How many times have you gotten this answer. "Well, I was in my dining room walking from my ironing board to my sewing machine and tripped over some Wilton Armetale that I have yet to put away, stubbed my ingrown toenail on a plastic storage bin full of blanks (t-shirts, not guns) and then stepped on a straight pin." If you have ever heard someone say that, please comment below and tell me who it is because we have a LOT in common.

My injuries as listed above (not serious, but my stupid ingrown toenail sure does hurt now) are the inspiration behind this random blog. I debated over and over about whether or not I wanted to show the public the current state of my dining room, and then I realized that the majority of people who read this blog know me and know that I wouldn't usually allow a room in my house to look as scary as this. Then, the thought occurred to me, "ooohhhh. What if I have some blog-stalkers. They probably wouldn't stalk me anymore once they see the pig-pen." Well, if I have blog-stalkers, I am SUPER excited because that means that I am interesting to people that I don't know - and if you are out there, please still stalk me after you see these photos. :)

My dining room is now my sewing room. I am not quite sure how this happened, but it did and I think I have passed the point of no return. For those of you that may not know, I have a custom children's clothing line. Check it out at www.browniegoose.com. It can only be described as how my Mom used to describe my room sometimes (yes, Becca there was a time when not everything was neat) as a "disaster area." I mean, LOOK at this picture. You can even click on it to enlarge it to fully appreciate the insanity.

WHERE is my dining room table hiding?? Why do I have dueling irons in the front windows for everyone to see?? Oh my gosh, 2 plastic folding card tables in my formal dining room!! A partially finished john john hanging from my light fixture (that my sweet husband built for me)!! SHAME ON ME! I mean, this is one of the front rooms of my house. If you come over, you see this. I am the kind of person who likes for my house to look as if no one lives there. This is hard, and most of the time it doesn't due to my beloved toddler, 2 shedding dogs and a cat that loves to lose her fur. But this is insane. In my defense, it is true what I always say, "A clean sewing room is an inefficient sewing room." I guess it won't be this way forever because Byron is going to be building me a sewing room off of the den/garage. We are going to be sharing the space as an office/sewing room - who do you think will win? :) But, in order for this to happen - he actually needs some time off, for real. UMC, I had him first. Give him back!

Enough of my ranting and scaring everyone with my messiness. But, one last photo (the actual table top) that just makes my OCD skin crawl. But, once again, in my defense - (like my Mom said about her sewing room) I know where EVERYTHING is! :) PS - you HAVE to click this one to enlarge to fully see the atrociousness.

4 comments:

Tori said...

So this makes me laugh, b/c you have such a neat crowded dining/ sewing room. As you know my dining room is my sewing room too but it's truly messy. I am not a neat freak, so fabrics are not folded and in neat piles as yours are. You'll feel better coming to my house.

Meredith said...

It really doesn't look that bad. Did you tiddy it up a little before taking the photos? Looks like business is good!

I am an avid blog stocker and will continue...you are a great and very funny writer :)

Penny Ginn said...

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!! The stacking gene from Grandaddy hit you too! Tee hee; I take secret glee in that. At least you're productive from your stacks. Mine are just .... useless stacks. Kinda like Grandaddy's.

The Fab Five said...

Way to go girl..for keeping it real! I couldn't help but notice the Chick-Fil-A cup... sigh.. I love that place. The nearest one to me is yours!