Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Wanted: Cleaning Advice

Okay, so I am still in shock that I am about to post these pictures on the web for anyone to see...but maybe I will get some much needed help from it. Okay, the pictures you are about to see are what I define as "gross, nasty and eww." They are from our master bathroom, one that has yet to get redone. We have gone as far as to buy the marble that we will put on the floors and walls, have a plan, but lack the time and money to go through with it all since we will have to bring in a plumber, a new tub, etc. Anyways, I have always thought this was hard water build-up since it is on EVERYTHING in our shower including my shampoo bottles, like when you pick them up you can feel a film on them and they are slippery, ewwwwww, I know. But, it gets on the floor of the tub, on the walls, etc. and it is the HARDEST thing to scrub! Like for instance, this morning, I filled the tub with bleach and let it sit for like an hour. Then, I went in there and scrubbed and scrubbed (and am still light-headed and probably high off bleach fumes, which is maybe why I have the guts to post these pics) with TONS of elbow grease, brillo pads, Ajax, you name it! Even a Comet spray that is supposed to get rid of "all bathroom hang-ups." So, you can get rid of it, but it takes a ton of work and it builds right back up. I need your help...WHAT IS THIS? Is it hard water build-up, is it lime (or lyme, spelling I am not sure) build-up or what. And, what is the best thing to prevent or get rid of it? I even found myself at Wal-Mart one day looking at those ridiculously over-priced automatic shower sprayers (you know, the ones that spray the stuff when you get out) to see if that may help. The easiest solution is to have a maid, but since my husband is severely overworked and underpaid (hence why we have yet to redo the bathroom), that is a bit out of the question. So, please...post some comments and HELP me! Oh yeah, another funny thing about it is that it really isn't in our guest bathroom, funny because one would think that all the plumbing and water is the same. Hmm....



If you really want to be grossed out, you can click on the pics to enlarge to get a better look at the funk to try and diagnose...


PS - try not to be jealous as I know you want to be about the beautiful green tub. I mean, it is a classic. :) Gotta love 50's ranches. Our guest bath was outfitted in pink before Byron worked his magic in there.

2 comments:

Andy, Katie, and Leighton said...

You have probably already tried it but tilex mold and mildew works miracles!

Carol said...

Have you tried that stuff you spray in the shower after you are done?