Wednesday, July 29, 2009

A Day in the Life of Lula Kate



Never a dull day. Ever. Not in this house. But, I think I kinda like it. Whether it is driving me nuts, or being so sweet I could squeeze her...Louisa has so grown on me, it is not even funny. I am so thankful to be able to be staying at home with her now. Don't get me wrong, I miss my job on some days and honestly think it would be way easier just to get up and put on my scrubs and deal with other people's children all day. But, at the end of the day, I am thankful it was just my child I dealt with all day. Don't let her fool you, she is a stinker, but she is just too dern cute!

Confession, I don't scrapbook, I don't do photo albums, I have over 600 pictures on my digital camera that have yet to get developed, and worst of all, I have only written in Lou's baby book like 3 times. I need to find someone that I can pay to do these things, but then again, I just keep transferring it from one "to-do" list to the other. However, I do blog. And I have grown quite fond of it and can't wait to sit down one day and have it turned into a book. There goes another item on the "to-do" list. Anyways, long story short...Louisa talks ALL THE TIME. I mean, the child doesn't shut her mouth. And she says the cutest things, and I need to get a notebook or something and carry it with me so I can write them all down, but I think that goes in the category of scrapbooking in my mind, so I just don't. But, here are a few from the last week or so.

1. She has a new-found love for Dora. The other day we were out running errands and I was going to treat her to a Happy Meal for being cooperative with me. Well, I kinda wanted Chic-Fil-A, but I asked her if she wanted a cheeseburger or chicken nuggets. Well, she said, "hmmmm. Net's fink about dis one Mommy." Yes, child, let's do. Then after a few minutes I told her that she needed to go ahead and make up her mind so that I could know where to go (ie. Chic-Fil-A or McD's) and she sat there, and then it was like a lightbuld in her head, and she said, "Mommy, you need to get pack-pack and get yur map." In other words, when Dora doesn't know where to go, she gets the map out of her back-pack. I mean, adorable. I just melted in my seat.
2. While we were eating lunch the other day she was talking about friends and how her dolls were friends and such. I asked her who her best friend was, and she said "nucy neal." Then I asked her what about Ella, and if they were both her best friends, and she said, "don be siwwy Mommy. Ewwa is my bebe sista." News to me kiddo. Not to mention she keeps telling random people that she has a "bebe sista." Ummm, nope.
3. Byron got home from work the other day and was changing out of his scrubs before we went for a walk, and Louisa and I were both sitting on the bed just chatting with him, when out of no where, Louisa pops up with (in the cutest little girl voice, might I add), "Daddy, how was yur day?" Melted again!
4. We were eating Oreos the other night (note the picture above with the oreo remnant all over her face) and Byron and I were both dipping our in milk. Of course, Louisa asked to dip hers and for fear of messiness (blame the OCD) I told her that one day when she was grown up she could dip her Oreos. A few days later, I was trying to talk up naps and how cool they were and why she needed to take one. I told her that it would help her grow. She said, "oooohh, to be a grownup?" I absent-mindedly said, "sure" and she got all excited and said, "oooooh. ima gone be grownup and i dip my oros, i have earrings, i get married, and have boobies for a bra and dink beer." Oh my goodness, I almost wrecked with the last two. I don't even think I commented, I believe I was speechless.
5. Yesterday as we were picking up around the house she said, "Mommy, I wan go see Docka Smif. I fink I need a sucka." Okay, we can go see Dr. Smith, but I doubt you could go JUST to get a sucker little one.
6. This last one isn't something that she said, but is something she did that had me in giggles. She LOVES to go potty outside. So, if we are working outside, we will take her and let her squat and go. Judge not, my friends. She may need this trick one day... Anyways, we were all outside last night admiring the grass and she told me she needed to go potty outside. Well, we went through the motions and I had her hovering over the grass and was there for a while, and she never said she was done, or could I see her going teetee. So, I asked Byron who was standing behind her if she was going and the look on his face said it all. She went, but it was #2. Well, she knows not to go poo-poo outside, and I didn't even ask her because she usually asks to go inside. Well, of course it was a messy one and thinking back, it isn't as funny as when it happened, but I could barely catch my breath. The best part, she just kept on like nothing was wrong. She is just a mess, no other way to put it, but she definitely keeps me on my toes!

Just to cap it all off....a little bit of Oreos in the teeth! Until next time!

No comments: