Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Heavy Sigh, and UGGGGHHH!

Warning, another renovation blog...

So, let's just say that all is not fun tonight at the Norris house. It should be super fun and happy since my sewing room was wired for electricity and a new HVAC unit was to be installed, but.....no can do. Here is a little background.

The room that will be the sewing room housed the split-unit heating and air that supplied the "office" (which is half of the sewing room) and the den. It has never really worked well, but works. It will blow you out of the room in the winter, but the air part is sub-par. Anyway, since it was so bulky we decided to have a quote on replacing the unit with one that works better and takes up less space. We got a few quotes and decided on some guys that were great. They were going to put in a package unit that would feed the den and sewing room and add some duct work and decrease the amount of space that the unit took up inside. Little did we (and they, according to them) know just how much space the duct work would take up. So, at the end of the day...we just paid someone to come to our house, take out the unit that was working okay and taking up a little room, and replace it with a unit that works great and takes up an enormous amount of room. I mean, this unit takes up almost twice the amount that the other one did. Seriously. I haven't seen Byron that angry in a while. I mean, we will make do...since we really have no other choice, but for once would just REALLY love for something to go as planned or easily for us. I am not going to complain forever, but just one thing, please. Dr. Smith always tells me to be careful what I wish for, and maybe I should be, but I am just plain old frustrated. We were also going to build a little deck/porch off the back of the sewing room, but now there is no point since there is a unit out there that is the size of a small helicopter that would make it just about as pleasant to sit on as sitting next to a speaker at a concert. Oh well. Just another day in the life.

Here are some pics to let your jaws drop. We have come up with a plan B, and who knows...it may be way better than plan A would have ever been, but still...I am just frustrated.

Here is the old unit, I wish I had a picture of this from the same angle as the new one so you can really appreciate it, but I don't. But none-the-less, trust me on this one, it is smaller than......

this fancy new unit shown in this picture below. The picture following is the small helicopter that has landed to stay in our back yard.

2 comments:

Carol said...

holy crap!!! That is horrible! I bet Byron is mad (surprised you let them out alive)

kerisullivan said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMY SANDEFUR!!

WISH THAT THE NICE HVAC GUYS HADN'T GIVEN YOU SUCH A BULKY GIFT BUT YOU'LL SURVIVE! I HOPE YOUR BIRTHDAY WAS WONDERFUL!!