Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Living With a Star



Slowly, Byron and I are figuring out that we are *privileged* to live with Lou. The super-duper star/drama queen that she is. Aren't we lucky?

Just for example, yesterday I decided that we were going to run errands in the snow (yes, snow AGAIN in Mississippi, seriously) because I thought no one else would be out and it wouldn't be crowded. I was right. It was wonderful. It is strange how I have become such a "no shopping on the weekends" snob since I have become a stay-at-home mom. I mean, it is MUCH nicer wandering the aisles of Target on a Tuesday with a few other moms, than on a Saturday with EVERYONE and their moms. Back to the story. I had just gotten Lou dressed and told her I was going to warm up the car, get our waters ready, etc. I told her while I was doing that to grab baa-baa (yep, she still has it and I let her take it places, not in public though....judge not, I especially love for her to have in the car so that she stays quiet) and whatever else she "needed" in the car. Well, I did all that I had to do and slow-poke still had not come down the hall. I hollered, "Louisa, I am ready...come on." And she politely responded, "Mommy please wait. I'm trying to get my fings togedder, otay?" Sure, when you live with a drama-queen you just adjust. So, I start loading the dishwasher knowing that if I go to hurry her along it will create chaos, so once again...you just adjust. Well, she presented (this really is the right word for the entrance) herself in the hallway with her sunglasses, purse, bracelets, necklaces, ring and a tissue in her purse that she told me was to "dab at her nose when da boogers came out." Wow. She is just a mess. I seriously need to think about medication for the teenage years.




Until next time...

6 comments:

Carol said...

OMG! She is such a trip! I have the first picture as my background now- that is so funny! I had the snowman one up but this one had to take its place. LMAO

kerisullivan said...

Amy- that is freaking hilarious. Brought a smile to my stupidly cranky day :)

Nora said...

That is hilarious!!!! One of these days I have to meet Louisa face to face (but maybe without Summer with me for fear of the trouble they could get into together! LOL) Def. made my evening! :-)

Ruth said...

Way too funny!! Cracking up over here!!

Mandy said...

I stalk your blog because you seriously crack me up. I love it. And that green jacket is to die for...Emmie needs one. Where did you get it?

Elizabeth said...

too cute!