Monday, January 11, 2010

Martha in Training


Is this not just the most adorable thing you have ever seen? Just looking at the picture makes my heart melt all over again. This is a "table" (really an ironing board) set by Louisa with one of her tea sets for me and her to enjoy. She even brought me in a chair. When she came to get me to show it off, I could've cried because I had fallen head over heels SMITTEN for her in an instant. Adorable. I had to capture the moment so I would never, ever forget it and share it with the rest of you so that you could all melt as well. And look at sweet Lucy in the background standing her guard at the front window.

On another note, those of you who are friends with me on Facebook, this was NOT the scene of the now-infamous tea party. That one took place with the same tea set settings and on the same ironing board, but this time we were in her room instead. Wondering what I am talking about? Oh, let me just fill you in.

Louisa asked if I wanted to have a tea party. Of course I said yes, because sometimes there just isn't anything in the world I would rather do. It is fun, and she just chats it up with me which I am sure you can all imagine the conversations. I swear, I really think I am sitting with an adult sometimes with the things she says. Well, I told her I would get us some snacks and she was in charge of the "tea." So, it just happened to be my afternoon coffee time too, so I brought my coffee and some cake. Louisa of course threw a fit when I brought my coffee and said, "no Mommy. It is a tea pawty, not for coffee." So, I set it aside and only took sips when her highness wasn't looking. She filled up our glasses with water from her pitcher in which she had put a plastic apple in (she told me it was for "flayvor" seriously....) and we drank and ate cake and talked. Well, about 10 minutes and 2-3 cups of "tea" into it, it suddenly dawned on me. HOW did she get the water in her pitcher? I was wondering if there was a water bottle left on the coffee table or something, and if there was I knew there was a mess that I needed to attend to shortly so I asked, "Louisa, where did you get the water for the tea party?" And she simply looked at me and said.......drum roll, "oh, just from da toiwet Mommy. Why?" Yikes. It was that moment that I no longer wanted to be at attendance for the tea party. I wanted to hurl. But I didn't, because the look on her face was too cute to worry about nasty, foul toilet water at the time. I know that you moms out there understand this feeling....even OVER your immediate thought of nastiness. Of course, Murphy's Law that loves me, the majority of Jackson's water lines are busted today. The entire city is on a boil water alert. So, not only did I drink toilet water, but it was also toilet water that should've been boiled. Oh well, talk about pro-biotics, right? LOVE her.

Until next time...

5 comments:

Russ, Anna, Pepper and Vesper said...

Amy, she is such a precious jewel!!!!! She definitely has personality, I like to think that shows high intelligence, don't you?!

sashyjane said...

Hahaha Oh no!!! How awful!

Lucy is so giant and sweet looking standing guard.

Playing Sublimely said...

I stalked over at your blog again today....still says orders closed :). Have I convinced you yet to make an exception to the "only up to size 4T rule"? Or maybe I have just convinced you to to tell me what that fabulous blue fabric is with the green birds on it that you made your daughter's dress from?
Or maybe you are too busy having toilet water tea parties to care...he, he, he...loved that :)!!!
Amy

Julie, Mitch & Chapman said...

Amy....she is cracking me up!!!!! Oh my gosh! Gotta love her : )

Playing Sublimely said...

Will you move to NC so we can hang out..we would be the best of friends :)! Found the fabric, love it, spent too much money on her site...cant thank you enough! Hope to talk with you soon!
Amy