Sunday, February 21, 2010

Nothing but a Chicken Wing...



Here sits my child, with her feet propped up on the table happy as a bug in a rug eating a chicken leg. I mean really, happy as can be. And I love her for this, and I also envy her. Before I gross out my mom & sisters over thinking that I want to eat chicken off the bone (confused….well, my mom & my 2 sisters and I have this weird thing about eating meat off a bone, it grosses us out and therefore we avoid it at all costs and it really grosses me out to watch Lou enjoy it so much. Barfaroni) it is not the chicken leg I am envious of. Instead, it is the happy-go-lucky attitude that she emits. Well, she doesn’t always seem happy go lucky since we have somehow skipped all the years between 3 and 12 for the drama since she reacts like a teenage girl – but I am secretly wishing that since she is so dramatic now that her teenage years will be a breeze. Did you just choke on your coffee? Because I did. A girl can dream, right?

Well, here sits happy-go-lucky Lula, and here sits Momma who can only be described as a grumpy old troll or even Oscar the grouch. I mean, I have been in the funkiest kinds of moods lately. I just don’t feel myself. I am contributing it to the sickness that grabbed a hold of me 2 weeks ago and just has not let go. I mean, overall I feel a WHOLE lot better than I was, but I just still don’t feel right. Does that make sense? It is like I still have snot-head fog and it just is making me grumpy. The weather sure doesn’t help either. I think I might poke out my own eyeballs if it rains again any time soon. I mean, I wont really…especially since I just saw it is supposed to rain all night tonight, but my goodness. If you want one word to describe me, FOUL. It also chaps my rear-end in that all free time that my husband has right now (which isn’t much) he sits in front of books studying for this stupid annual test that residents have to take that for some reason the ENT department takes way more seriously than anyone else. Blehhhhh.

Anyways, before I put anyone else into a funk too, I will get off the blog. This picture of Murray just sums it all up. She cracks me up. She is a typical cat in that she sleeps all day (I mean, all day) and is crazy at night – but I LOVE when she sleeps like this. It is just too cute.

Until next time....

4 comments:

lnichols said...

Get out! So cute!

Courtney Craine said...

Amy,
I am not sure if you remember me, but I was a year ahead of you in nursing school. I went to high school with your sister in law. I found your blog by accident from someone else's facebook page and it just cracks me up. Keep up the good work. My husband thinks I am crazy because I laugh like a hyena when I read your blog....especially the time you got de-pantsed.

kerisullivan said...

Um, what was that comment you left on my facebook page about Romulus? Or was it Remus?

Carol said...

She is sooo pretty! Even eating that nasty chicken leg (barf)!!! Lynne that works with me said "that child needs to be a model"!! I totally agree but I am a little biased :-)