Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentines-Smalentines


Valentine’s Day. You either love it or you hate it. Here at the Norris house, we don’t really love or hate, we just don’t celebrate. It is just one of those holidays that I think is stupid. I’m not really romantic and don’t like all the red and pink and roses and goob and such. And, if my husband ever brought me home one of those heinous pieces of jewelry that the jewelry stores advertise around the holiday I think I would croak. However, when you have a little one, you kinda have to do something. This year was hard though since I was sick as stink and literally couldn’t move to do anything. Now, unfortunately as I type Byron is laid up on the couch with fever. Yippee, stinks for him because he doesn’t get sick days. Nope, he will have to show up at the hospital no matter how sick he is. Makes you want to go in and be operated on, doesn’t it. Well, I do remember one time he got to call in while he was on a general surgery rotation his intern year – but I think a lot of that had to do with the fact I couldn’t peel him off the bathroom floor, and the resident he was working with helped to get me seen ASAP in the ER the night before with the same thing. So, steer clear of the ENT department tomorrow unless you want the awful crud that has crushed our house as of late. Oh, and by the way, the opening picture....we all know Louisa dresses herself. This was her outfit today. She was so proud of herself, so I guess I should say....get used to it since it might make it's debut more than I would like. Picking those battles.....

Back to Valentines, Louisa and I sat down on Wednesday to get Valentines ready for her school. It was so fun because as I would ask her which card she wanted to give to what kid she made sure to tell me all the “stories” on that particular kid. I learned all kinds of goods on the kids in her class, and when I asked her what kinds of things she did at school, she looked up at me and I swear she batted her eyes and said, “ohhh nuffing Mommy. Nuffing at all.” I am so sure. Probably how it is is that all the stories she told on other kids were probably committed by hers truly. :) Here are just some fun pics of the “confessional” and putting together of the Valentines. Oh, and trying to get a cute Valentines picture. Thank goodness for digital cameras!


On a different note, I had some help in the kitchen today which is always a good time. The ONLY thing I like about being sick is when you get better, the way your appetite comes back instantly with a vengeance. I mean, you cannot put enough things in your mouth at once! So, I decided since we had 11 bananas in the house (not kidding) I would make some banana pudding. Looks divine…..well, it sure was!


Until next time....

8 comments:

Ryan, Jenny, Crew and Carrington said...

carrington and crew answer in unison "NUFFIN" every single day when we ask them what they did at school. and then they laugh. awesome.=)

OH, and i'll be waiting on that banana pudding at my front door any time you want to surprise me. just sayin'!!!!

lnichols said...

Hey girl! Lou is the cutest! How do you keep you white furniture with all the dog fur. I always want whiteish furniture, but with Champ I find it would be impossible. How do you do it? We have black tumbleweeds all over the house even if I vacuum daily!

Russ, Anna, Pepper and Vesper said...

BEST pics in this post

Casey said...

You take AMAZING pictures!! What lens do you use for your camera?

kosekcasa said...

Loving the BG v-day outfit!

Sarah Broadus said...

loving the red and white polka dot pants! Madyson dresses herself too...it is a unique style

Brad, Amy, and Bes said...

I have now added you to my list of blogs to read... seriously, like I need another. =)I love little Miss Lou. Her and my Bes would be quite the pair I think.

Jennifer said...

Cute, cute pictures! We're not huge fans of celebrating Valentine's Day around here either.