Thursday, March 11, 2010

All I Want for Christmas...

So, remember me talking about Lou starting swimming lessons? It just so happened she started the very day that she had an “off” day at school. Yep, I remember that post. Well, much to my relief, she was an angel at swimming lessons. There was no tongue sticking out, no backtalk, no pulling a Jersey Shore and bringing out the fingernails, etc. Phew. I did however get absolutely NO cooperation when asked for smiles in photo-ops. Here is what I wound up with.

However, best of all….she did WAY better than her own Mom on her first day of lessons. My mom always tells the story of taking me to swim lessons the first time and me pitching an absolute fit and refusing to get in the water. Moi? The lifeguard? The girl that LOVES the water? Yes, it was me. Well, Lou thankfully didn’t take after me in that arena. Wait….does she (my husband's mini-me) even take after me, oh yes…and here is proof. The signature pout. I had it down to a tee as a little one and it looks as though she is following in my footsteps. :)

Oh, and holding her mouth JUST right. Enough to make any Morgan woman proud!

She had a ball and did so well. She still has a few more days of it and I am glad she is enjoying it. She does, however, “swim” in signature Louisa fashion. Overly dramatic with quick movements. Just like always. The child doesn’t know the meaning of slow motion. Oh well. Her friend Ella is in her class too which makes it more fun since the two girls get to cheer each other on. Here are the girls with Lou “putting her arm around” Ella. Guess she didn’t get the concept?

I think one of the best parts about it all is the accessories. Introducing “the Gobbles.” Yes, gobbles.

I cannot keep a straight face when Lou talks about them. It is the C.U.T.E.S.T. thing ever when she says it. Byron and I will egg her on just to get her to talk about them. Another one of the best parts happened the other day on the way. There is a little girl in her class that always wears a bikini. Well, at first Lou thought that it was her “bra and panties” and I think it is too funny that she doesn’t find it odd that a 4 year old would wear a bra. Anyways, she always talked about the little girl and her “kini-bra” and how she wanted one, etc. I told her that if she did great all through swim lessons that we might be able to pick her out a “kini-bra” for the summer. Well, one would have thought I told her she could have a pony. She was so excited, and in total Louisa fashion, when she gets excited she just jabbers on. Imagine that. Well, she said, “Mommy. Can I hab big boobies to put in my kini-bra?” I wasn’t quite sure how to answer this one, so I just said, “Well, Lou, I don’t know if that is something I can give you.” And so she cocked her head like she does when she thinks and puts her pointer finger to her lip (oh the dramatics) and says, “Otay. Hows bout if I ask Jesus for them then.” I mean, come on…what do you say at this point? I think I muttered something like “okay Lou if that is what you want to do but I don’t think you need big boobies right now for a bikini” or something to that effect. Conversation over, or so I thought. We get in the car and are driving to the pool and she busts out with, “Neberminds Mommy. I’m not going to ask Jesus. I think I will just ask Santa Cwrars. Big boobies for Christmas! Yay, yay, I’m so cited!” Oh.my.goodness.

On an entire other note, how about these apples, or ice cubes if you will?

What’s the big deal? This is the ice maker in my new refrigerator named Sarge. I love him. What gives? I haven’t had an ice maker since I lived with my parents. Lucy, obviously has never had an ice maker either since every time it dumps over, she growls and barks and gets her racing stripe up and ready to attack. Too funny! Unless Lou is sleeping. I also have not had a refrigerator that fits all that I need since then. I also have been living with the smallest, nastiest refrigerator in this house for 2.5 years and not being able to buy anything that needs to be frozen since there is no room. This makes me happy!

Every time I open the doors to Sarge I hear singing. I think it is the same choir that sings to me when I walk in the door of Target. It is a very happy sound. The funny thing is, you know you NEEDED a new fridge when BOTH sets of parents were as delighted as Byron and I were to get one. In fact, my Dad even said, “Good. I don’t have to bring my cooler anymore when I come to visit.” Yikes!

Oh yes, and you must get excited. Byron started working on the master bathroom yesterday. Remember the pics a while ago? I took more yesterday but need to get the nerve to put them up here for everyone to look at and feel sorry for us dealing with it for the last 2.5 years. It is so gross. Our super awesome plumber came out yesterday and I am hoping for a fantabulous quote. I am not pumped about living through another reno, since this one is going to be a doozey I think, but I am so excited to get a pretty, shiny new bathroom!

Until next time…

8 comments:

Carol said...

That child is too funny!!! She has the whole office cracking up over her "boobies"!

Keri Sullivan Ninness said...

i am having a no good very bad day and that post just cracked my first smile of the day. Thanks Lou. You never fail me.

SaraJane said...

Hahahahaha that picture of her putting her arm around her friend is hilarious. And I love that she calls them gobbles.

Elizabeth said...

Please tell Louisa that I am asking Santa and Jesus for the exact same thing for Christmas. ;) SO CUTE!!!!

Amanda Jones said...

Her Christmas wish is hilarious!!! I love the pic of her arm over Ella and it looks like Ella is guarding her gobbles LOL!

The Fab Five said...

oh my goodness! as soon as i saw the pic of the fridge doors open i thought to myself.. I hear singing!! too funny... oh and the pics of girlie girl are precious!

kosekcasa said...

Oh the boobies story is too too funny! I'm still smiling about it! That little Lou is something else. OMG...that is a story you'll be telling for ages!

Playing Sublimely said...

She is so darn cute, and yes...I knew we were cut from the same mold ;)!