Sunday, March 21, 2010

The Joys of a "Kini-Bra"

So, I am sure we all remember the post about Louisa wanting to ask Jesus and then Santa for big boobies so that she can wear a bikini, which she calls "kini-bra." If not, check it out here. You will be glad you did.

Well, much to her surprise she was getting ready for swimming lessons the other day when I heard the most excited squeal come from her bedroom. Since she tends to err on the side of dramatic, I just ignored it. I figured, if it is something that she needs me for...she knows how to get me. Well, I could hear her over the monitor back in her room just talking and going to town about something. Everyone once in a while I could make out the words "soo bootiful" and "big boobies" and "pribates" so I figured I might need to sneak back to see what was going on. Well, she had her entire drawer that has her bathing suits dumped out on the floor and had oh so conveniently found one of the hand-me-downs from a neighbor that just so happened to be a "kini-bra." However had I forgotten this one? Well, of course she needed to wear it, and of course it was too big...but she wouldn't have believed you for an instance if you told her she wasn't going to be able to wear it. Well, I ran and grabbed my camera as she was posing all too well in front of the mirror and examining herself in her "kini-bra." The funny thing was when I asked her if she liked it, she said, "yes. I dos. But Mommy, I needs somping to cober up my bewwy buttons. It is my pribates and peoples are gonna see it." Well, I told her that the entire point of a bikini is to show off her belly button and the look on her face was priceless. "But Mommy, it is your pribates and it is not nice to show or talk about your pribates." Glad we got that point across, but then I had to explain to her that her "bewwy buttons" was not, in fact, her "pribates" and that it was okay to show. She is still acting a bit unsure on this one...like I am trying to pull a fast one on her.I couldn't narrow down the pictures, they were all way to cute, so I spent forever messing with my HTML code (which for those of you that ever mess with it know what a pain in the rump it can be...at least for me, it brings on some serious sailor tongue and hypertension) and figured a way to share them all with you.







Now, don't you just want to go out and get yourself a "kini-bra?" If I knew my belly button looked as cute as hers...I sure would!

Until next time...

7 comments:

The Ainsworth Family said...

that is so dang cute. how could she not hear you taking all those pictures..

Nora said...

Hahaha!!! That girl is soooo stinkin' cute!! Love the pics, she cracks me up :-)

lnichols said...

Frankie- Do you ever wonder how you could produce something so cute... I mean where do they come up with these things. Lou is too funny. I am not sure I want her to teach Emmie everything she knows quite yet. haha. The photo class is great and I am learning so much. I guess you could tell I have been practicing! But you aren't doing so bad yourself. It is too fun isn't it?!

alicia harrison said...

she is the cutest thing ever!! I wish i looked like her in it also! i have been sporting the tankini to cover my pribate belly button! I need your camera! mine is aweful

Carol said...

Love it! Good way to start a Monday- has the whole office cracking up :-)

kosekcasa said...

Thanks for the smile! What a cutie!

sashyjane said...

Hahaha I love how she is trying to use the little ruffle to cover her bewwy buttons!