Sunday, April 4, 2010

Goodbye Twos....Here We Come Threes

Hands on the hips, arms crossed, eyes rolling and drama….sound like a 3 year old to you? Well, if not, stop on in to our house and you will only have to stay for a few minutes to catch a glimpse. Wow. It is out of control. I had been warned that the two’s weren’t as bad as their reputation and that the 3’s were the worst of it and I just ignored everyone that said this thinking we had already had our share of the “bad.” Well, welcome to 3 Louisa Kate.

This has been a busy week for her. Tuesday was her actual birthday and we had a great day. Bryon was on vacation so he got to celebrate with us. Since it was a Tuesday (which is a school day for us) we gave her the option of going if she wanted. Well, of course she wanted because she said she wanted “all of her frewnds to sing her happy birdays.” Of course, right? So, I sent her on with a cookie cake from Kroger (remember, I am no Betty Crocker here) and she had a celebration at school. We then picked her up and took her to McDonalds for the Happy Meal she requested. And then to the movies. We saw How to Train Your Dragon which was super cute and turned out to be Byron and I’s first 3-D movie. Who knew??

Then on Thursday she had her school Easter Egg hunt and party. This was fun because for me it is always interesting to go to her school and watch her interact with all of the kiddos. It is also fun to see the other kids that she talks about all.day.long. Especially since I got to meet “the boyfriend.” Remember him? The boy she talks about CONSTANTLY. She is going to marry this boy and she is serious. She never stops talking about him. So, I got to meet him and watch her chase him around. It was cute, embarrassing and also just out of control. Here I captured the two of them sitting still and checking out all the candy in their baskets. Too cute.

Friday, family came in town for the weekend for the birthday. I was misled by a great friend Phoebe about some cupcakes. She told me about these cute bunny cupcakes, and since I am no Betty, I asked her if they were easy. She told me yes, so I showed them to Lou and of course she “needed to hab dos Easer bunny cupcakes.” So, I attempted and thankfully had the help of sweet Aunt Janice while the boys were out playing golf to assemble these things. They were NOT easy. They were very tedious. Grrrr. Phoebe later admitted she thinks she had a memory lapse as since she tried to make them again and soon realized how not-so-simple they were. Oh well, they turned out great and the kids gobbled them up before they even realized what was on them. Ha.

Saturday we went to the annual Fondren Easter Egg hunt which was fun for all the cousins. It was a very fun event that I am sure many people worked hard to pull off. I thank all of the volunteers who donated their time for the children of the neighborhood. I stand corrected for my earlier comments that have now been erased.

And the Peeps….Easter just wouldn’t be the same without some Peeps.

Then came the best part….Pump It Up for the birthday party. I think the adults had just as much fun as some of the kids. Forgive some of the photos…but my lens was having a hard time keeping up with all the movement. Honestly, no one stayed still long enough in this place for an amateur like me to stop movement. Except for this time….who knew she was so interested in watching the instructional video?

So, Happy Easter to all. Hope everyone has a great day and enjoys family. We will be decompressing here. It has been a week. A very long, busy, bittersweet week. I want to thank everyone for all of the prayers, thoughts and kind words over the last few days. I am not ready to talk yet…but maybe soon. We all know I am not good at keeping my mouth shut for too long. :)

Until next time…

9 comments:

Kevin, Kara, Kolton, & Kannon said...

I just have to ask - can you share with your faithful readers what kind of camera and lens you use? (You might have already shared at some point but I must have missed it.) The pictures that are sharp of the focal point but fuzzy in the background are amazing (ex - Louisa looking in her Easter basket). I just got a Canon Rebel but can't seem to make that effect. Any suggestions?

Russ, Anna, Pepper and Vesper said...

Sweet pics, sweet party, sweet girl!!!!!! Happy late Birthday Louisa. Hope your heart or head (or both) feels lighter soon, thinking of you

Penny Ginn said...

I was drawing a big blank on what I did last Easter ... church? dinner? nothing came to mind! Then I realized I had spent it at your house (actually, driving home I suppose) with your mom! We had fun with Lou at the egg hunt, but glad we didn't have to contend with jaw breakers lol. Oh yeah, that Saturday before Easter was the day she talked our ears off when you and Byron weren't there.

I've thought about her birthday, even though I haven't actually DONE anything about it. Been a little sidetracked lately!

Y'all are in my thoughts and prayers. Love you.

Keri Sullivan Ninness said...

more love and prayer sent your way than you can know. And if anyone can handle 3, it's Amy Sandefur!

kosekcasa said...

I'm thinking the same thing as y our first blog comment! How do you get those pictures so crisp with such vibrant colors? Photoshop? Ultra-universe lighting? Please share...

Sounds like a fun Easter/Birthday celebration. The 3's will bring lots of fun, and lots of emotions (most of which I can't get enough of). It will be great!

lnichols said...

Happy bday Louisa!

FondrenMom said...

Amy, another mom in Fondren directed me to your blog post. When one is putting out 400+ eggs for a neighborhood Easter Egg hunt, resorting to plastic eggs pre-filled with candy is about the only way to go, although we did have one mom who stuffed almost 200 eggs with plain chocolate. Trying to separate the eggs so that only chocolate filled or sticker filled, or yes, jawbreaker filled eggs were only in one area was a task that we just weren't up to - especially since at 7 a.m. that morning due to the weather it looked like all our hard work would be for naught - but we'll certainly enlist your help next year to tackle that issue. I know I'm not sure I want to volunteer again, given that so many people had input/complaints beforehand - have it at the Cedars/don't have it at the Cedars; there weren't enough eggs for my child to find; there wasn't enough candy in the eggs last year; we didn't like the candy in the eggs last year (or apparently this year), separate the kids by age group/don't separate the kids; make sure there are no eggs that have candy with nuts because of kids with allergies; have a bounce house so it will give the kids something else to do/don't have a bounce house because of liability issues; make sure the Easter bunny doesn't appear too early and scare the kids - the list goes on and on. A thank you for all the volunteers who put this on, to the parents who brought baked goods/drinks and to SoFo for paying for the eggs, candy, bunny costume, bounce house, prizes, etc. would be greatly appreciated instead. Posted by a tired Fondren mom who will likely never agree to help with a neighborhood Easter Egg hunt again.

Amy S. Norris said...

In response to a comment made by Fondren Mom...I apologize for the reference to the candy. However, I am sure that most of the parents inspected the eggs before letting the children loose with the candy. We enjoyed the egg hunt and I thought it was pulled off very well and super organized. I meant no offense and sorry that you felt I was disrespecting it. We appreciate all of the hard work that went into the event and am sorry that you had so many complaints about the event before/during/after and I am sure my comment just fueled the fire. I am very sorry and stand corrected. Please know that I do appreciate all of the hard work that you put into the event and I understand how exhausting it must have been.

Playing Sublimely said...

You will love three...but four is still my favorite :)! And that gray ruffle shirt from Target...my girls have it, love it!