Thursday, April 29, 2010

Joke's On Me

Do you see the disgust in this sweet little kitty face?

Why do you think that is? Such a sweet (but crazy) kitty giving me, the sweet, innocent (have you laughed so hard you've choked on your Diet Coke yet?) person behind the lens the stink eye...

Was it maybe because I just gave her the first bath of her lifetime in the kitchen sink? Hmmm...maybe so. What she doesn't realize is that I didn't want to do it either. And, neither did my sweet, innocent husband who got pretty beat up by her the entire time. Why did I take on this awful task? Only because we came home to a house infested with fleas. Bad. Bad, bad. I don't like a flea. They are asinine little creatures that have no purpose other than to annoy the bejesus out of me. But, we are all bathed and flea-less at the moment. Hurray. Some of us are happier than others. With that being said...I am extremely grateful to have come home to a house. Flea-infested or not. My heart goes out to all of the unfortunate people in Mississippi that found themselves in the path of one of nature's greatest furies...the tornado.

And I will have you know that I texted a few of my kitty-loving friends and jokingly told them about how Murray must hate me now and is somehow planning on peeing on me in my sleep (sound familiar Natalie??). It was at that moment, laughing about it that I realized the joke was on me. I had already been peed on. Cats are sneaky little things aren't they? I thought my shirt was wet from the bath water of drying her off until I put my nose to it. Okay, Murr-bell...I surrender. You win. I plan to never again bathe you my dear. No matter how flea-infested you may be. I will politely take you somewhere and let you tinkle on them. :)

Now, back to your nap.

Until next time...

3 comments:

Russ, Anna, Pepper and Vesper said...

I do not have cats, do not like cats and this is HIGHlarious!!!!!!

Nora said...

Hahaha!! Welcome to my daily world...although even with flea infestations I try to steer all of our clients towards a dose of advantage for fleas because they HATE baths soooo much. But for those that insist on a bath I rely on what I like to call the "kitty dunk"...you take a 5 gal. bucket, fill it about 3/4 full of warm water, then scruff the said victim and dunk in the bucket bottom first up to their neck, remove, lather with soap and rinse!

Everyone at work laughed when they first heard this trick but once they saw how well it worked never batted an eye about it again.

Holly said...

your kitty is soooo sweet!!