Sunday, April 11, 2010

Mary, Mary, Quite Contrary

Much more light-hearted post this time. Promise. But first, I must thank everyone for all of the emails, comments, Facebook messages, posts, etc that everyone has sent me over the last few days. I am so amazingly blessed to have the most amazing friends. Oh my, you take my breath away and have made the past few days easier than they could have been. For all of you girls that shared your personal stories with me, a simple thank you is not even enough. You have NO clue how your stories have helped me. Although I knew I was not alone, it just helped to find solace in such sweet, kind words of people who have unfortunately been down the same road. Thank you girls, a thousand times over. Thank you. And for everyone that sent flowers and brought dinners and pies and food, oh my goodness. I don’t know if I can ever let you know how much you mean to me. I have an inbox full of sweet, sweet messages and sad stories, and I am holding on to those for now since I am still not fully okay. I am getting there, but for the moment am battling the crazed hormones that are controlling my body right now. I honestly am not kidding when I say I could be admitted tonight to the looney bin. I am so crazy that I am driving myself nutty. My poor, sweet husband…if I wake up and he is still here tomorrow and hasn’t left this crazed woman, I will be so grateful. :)

On another, lighter note…who knows Fancy Nancy? In our house, she is known as “Fancy Fancy” but she is still the same wonderful, eccentric girly-girl that my eccentric girly-girl toddler loves to act like. In one of her books, she talks about how her lace trimmed socks really do help her to play soccer better, and how sandwiches are always more fun when you stick the frilly toothpicks in them. Well, as we were planting our garden yesterday, I took this picture and immediately thought of the caption “sparkly flip-flops really do help the garden grow more.” Hehe.

But, we got our garden planted. And, you may notice that my firecracker is wearing her favorite outfit, her pink shirt and pink skirt. And she is sporting her new sparkly flip flops that I have been holding out on even though every time we are in Target she freaks for them…but Mimi fell victim this time. Anyways, Byron had lots of pink help, and by help I say it in the loose-kind of Louisa help, that sometimes is the farthest thing in the world from help. But, you just have to love her. And by the way, she is wearing the pink outfit again today. We pick our battles here in the Norris family.

As for the bathroom…don’t think I have forgotten. We still have a toilet on our fireplace hearth in the bedroom. Although at the moment, it is turned out its side awaiting a new wax ring. And this gorgeous marble pictured right here

well, it was for sale for a few hours on Wednesday. Not really, like I never posted it…but we had moved on to a plan B for a moment since Murphy’s Law decided to inhabit the bathroom. But, thankfully my superman husband solved the problem and we reverted back to plan A and now have a gorgeous marble floor in the bathroom. Here are just a few pics of the progress, we are getting so close! The plumber is coming back on Tuesday to put the sinks and bath faucets in, but all the other work has been done by my brilliant hubby. ALL of it. I mean, I have not contributed ONE bit. All the tile work, all the carpentry, etc. Have I ever talked about how wonderful he is? He is back there working as I type right now, and although I know he is so ready for it to be done, I think he also might be hiding from his hormone-crazed wife for the moment. Haha, and I laugh, but I kinda wish I had a hiding place from myself right now too! :)

Until next time, and thanks again…I love all of yall.

PS – as I just proofread (or, I will admit…let Word proof) I just realized I don’t know why I bother. Spelling yes, I need help with that. But I never fix the grammatical problems, and every other sentence is a fragment, but you know…I like it. It is how I think, and I bet Word gets so fed up with me as I sit and type and half the page is green and red. Oh well, at least it is colorful.

5 comments:

Russ, Anna, Pepper and Vesper said...

Amy, your bathroom is B-E-A-utiful!!!!!! I cannot even believe Byron is that handy. Russ doesn't even know where the tools are in our house, seriously!!!!!!

Also, Pepper calls her Fancy, Fancy too, these girls may end up being best friends!

Still sending positive thoughts your way

Jennie said...

We just remodeled our bathroom too - with beadboard and white subway tile! I felt like I was looking at pics of our remodel. :)

Misty said...

Thought for the day: When we lose a child, it makes us appreciate the one(s) we already have even more than we already did. Don't get me wrong, I always knew I was lucky to have two beautiful children. But, some things used to absolutely drive me crazy, and now I honestly think instead, "Thank you God for giving me these kids to drive me crazy!" For I know that despite my losses, I am still truly blessed more than many people ever are. For that new perspective, I am truly grateful. It has changed me as a parents, and I think it's for the better. I hope you can make sense of your loss in the coming days, months, and years.

The Ainsworth Family said...

LOVE THE BATHROOM AND THE PICTURES...

The Fab Five said...

everything looks great! the second pic of lu with byron.. that face.. it's like she is thinking "you better do that like i said to"