Tuesday, April 13, 2010

There Once Was a Girl...

I know a girl who is an absolute and utter mess. This girl is all over the place, in everything. I know a girl who has blond hair that is always in her face, falling out of her pony and covered in various food goo from the day. She cares none. She is fancy-free until something minimal sets her off and she has an extreme meltdown that is over in a few minutes. I know a girl that mirrors her Mom in that fashion.

I know a girl that shakes her booty all over the house without a sense of rhythm or care for it. She makes up songs as she goes and rhymes not, but belts out tunes that have yet to be discovered. She cannot carry a tune to save her life, but it doesn’t stop her from singing her heart out, another fashion in which she mirrors her mother.

I know a girl that was so brave and held my hands so tight yesterday as I got a shot. She asked if I was okay afterwards and was genuinely concerned. This girl melted my heart and made me want to cry, until I remembered I am trying to control those crazy hormones and it may not be acceptable to melt down in public as a grown-up. I know a girl that I am head over heels in love with no matter what. I look forward to waking in the morning hearing her feet pad from her room into mine. I look forward to getting a super-smoochie and a big hug before she goes to bed at night. This same girl can drive me to begging to be admitted to the looney bin for a break at some times. Funny and ironic, isn’t it?

I know a girl that is probably at school right now holding her shirt up to show off this belt (that came from a fabulous friend with an even more fabulous fabric store and line of bags, check her out – you will be glad you did) that she is in love with since she told me “but I can’t wear a shirt wif my belt becaws den no ones wood be ables to see it and it is just so bootiful.” Side note...I took these pics bright and early this morning, before school...so I guess I can say, I know a girl that has WAY too much energy bright and early with no need for caffiene, ever.

I know a girl that has absolutely NO concept of bubble gum. None. She will argue me down to convince me otherwise, but still…no concept of gum. In fact, this is how our bubble gum experience went down yesterday. Well, let me rewind to one of her most recents…after we have talked over and over and over (and over) again about how to properly chew gum and not swallow and not stick in our hair. We were at Pizza Shack with friends, and her BFF Ella was chewing some gum since she has mastered it. After listening to Louisa plead with me for what seemed like hours, I finally gave in and let her have a piece and said while handing it to her, “Remember, don’t swallow this. You keep chewing it in your mouth and you let Mommy know when you are done.” “Otay Mommy, I alweady knows dat.” Gum in the mouth…one minute later, a voice so full of pride, “Look Mommy, I swallowed it!” To which my surprise tone answered, “You WHAT?” “On no Mommy, I didn’t swallows it. It is just hiding under my tongue but you can’t see becaws it is da same colors as my mouf. But don be worrying about it no mores.” Okay….really? What a sneaky little girl. Well, so yesterday…same girl that I know asks with the sweetest voice for a piece of gum (since I am chewing a piece and happen to LOVE bubble gum, the more sugar the better…and I know how to handle my gum) and I caved after explaining to her over and over that she needed to chew it up really well and not swallow it or place it somewhere in my car. “Otay Mommy, I alweady knows dat, remember?” Given piece of gum (a snippet of a piece of Trident) and a minute later “Mommy, can I pwease hab anober piece of gums? I chewed dat one up so goods and need another.” To which I humorly respond, “Well, where is the piece I just gave you?” “Oh Mommy, I tolds you, I chewed it up really wells.” “Well my dear (I am laughing but not allowing her to know) where IS it? Did you swallow it or put it somewhere in the car?” “No Mommy. I SAID I chewed it up real goods and I need anober piece.” “Well, if you didn’t swallow it, and didn’t take it out of your mouth to put somewhere in the car, WHERE is it?” Frustration in the form of a 3 year old CRACKS me up, “I SAIDS I chewed it up reawwy, reawwy wells and I need anober. Geese ta-louise!” Just to let you know, I was stuck in Lakeland traffic and I was bored, so I gave her another piece and then another after the same shockingly mysterious thing happened to the first. What a vicious cycle, but one that had me laughing so hard and realizing, I know a girl that is stubborn as a mule…yet determined as a loon, and I think she mirrors her mom in that fashion. And it makes me smile.

Do you know a girl like that? Mine is Louisa and she is an absolute blessing in my life. A wonderful shot of perspective on a daily basis, and an eye opener on the same basis. This child rocks my world in a number of ways and I am so thankful to know this girl.

Until next time…

7 comments:

Keri Sullivan Ninness said...

um. sweetest post. ever. i know a girl who is EXACTLY like her mama- a total firecracker. love it!

Carol said...

Can't wait to see ya'll!!!

kosekcasa said...

That is probably going to be some bubble-gum filled poo-poo.

We have not tried gum with Kate...I've never even thought about it. But, I'm not a gum chewer. Poor deprived soul.

Sarah Broadus said...

too cute!

Russ, Anna, Pepper and Vesper said...

I think Louisa is a genius and LOVE it!!!!! Hope your spray helps you to feel a little more like yourself, or at least a more tan version of yourself.

Jessica said...

And I know a little girl was is JUST LIKE ME!!! I swallow gum too!! I can't help it! I have done it for years and I LOVE TO DO IT!! I love gum and LOVE swallowing it! I know it is ABSOLUTELY insane but I do! My husbands tries to stop me and correct me, but has no such luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Too funny! Love your posts!

Courtney Brooke said...

Amy..your blog and your wonderful, beautiful daughter really brighten up my day!! I have now "bookmarked" you on my computer, and love to read what that darling Fancy Nancy girl is up too..I love how you type her voice, it is so cute..I hear that sweet tone at school with some of the kids, and you just can't help but laugh!!! Thanks for bringing some laughter to my day, and your pictures are amazing!! Brooke Anderson