Saturday, May 1, 2010

'Cause You Are My Candy, Girl....

I have said it before, and I think I will say it a thousand times more before my child is 18. Whoever wrote the song "Silence is Golden" cannot have POSSIBLY either had a toddler or lived in the same vicinity as one. For, in our house, silence is NEVER golden. In fact, it is always fairly ominous.

Well, today as I was trucking away at my sewing machine I was thinking to myself, "Wow, Lula is doing such a good job of hanging out with her baby doll on her bean bag (which is directly behind me...if ONLY I had eyes in the back of my head) and being sweet." Wait...what did I just say? So, as I walk over to my iron...I see it. The evidence that silence is NEVER, EVER golden in our house. I usually am not camera-ready for the catchings, but I got lucky this time and had some evidence.

Here she sits, proud as can be with the entire contents of a goody bag of a birthday party we attended this morning. The contents are candy. Lots and lots of candy and sugar and yummy. Most of it eaten, but not the Smarties, and when I ask about those...jokingly ask if she was saving those for later - she responded, "No. Dos are just da cannies you saids were chokings before, and so I was gonna tells you when I ate dem, otay?" Proof that she does listen to me sometimes, and sometimes follows directions. Phew. Oh well, this should be interesting in the next few hours. Seriously, she was RIGHT behind me. Not even unsupervised. This girl is sneaky...with a
capital "S".

Whatever am I going to do with her?

Until next time...

8 comments:

The Fab Five said...

love her FOREVER! my goodness is she (one of) the cutest stinkers I have ever seen!

Amanda Jones said...

Colby says otay too...don't you just love it! I think I will be sad when he learns to pronounce it correctly..hehe!! Cute pics...BTW, Colby is very sneaky as well!!

Ashley said...

what a cutie! thanks for sharing!

Sara said...

You would have thought you set her up for a photo shoot the colors of her dress, the colors of the candy, the spread around her. It's eye candy, that's what it is. Oh, and the story is cute too. :D

Nora said...

Hmmmm, must have been in the air today...Summer woke up this morning only to go downstairs and grab an entire roll of lifesavers and bag of candy I had on top of the cabinets in our kitchen then take them back to her room. I just LOVE when I ask her what she is doing and then she sticks her arms in front of her and tells me "no mommy you stay right here"! Hmmmmmm, I think not! LOL

Carol said...

LMBO!!!! She is too funny!

kosekcasa said...

Are those cork floors? Been thinking about using those in our next house. Do you like them?

Hope all is going well with you guys! You've been busy on that machine!

Jessica said...

Love the post!! Hilarious! Ava has this same dress and has it in another color too! So cute and comfy!