Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Scrub a Dub, Dub.

Good news. The maid came again today. I was super impressed that she remembered and stuck with it. Of course she showed up again super-styling with some old scrub pants that were tight-rolled to her knees (I think this is her signature) but she wouldn’t allow pictures today. Oh well, I wasn’t going to argue with her since she BROUGHT it today. By noon, she had cleaned the entire house, done 3 loads of laundry, cleaned both bathrooms and a deep-clean in the kitchen….AND she even did Jillian for me. Wow. All before lunch time. Props to her. I am hoping I can keep her around. The only time she griped is when she had to get out the razor blade for the second week in a row to scrape Dora and princess stickers off the hardwoods.

When asked how these stickers wound up on the floor (since we had a pretty good conversation last week about how stickers ONLY go on paper) Louisa replied that she “had no clues why da stickers are on da floors.” Hmmmm….amazing the magic that occurs when living with a toddler. But don’t worry, for as the maid was on her hands and knees scrubbing sticker-goo off the hardwoods, she came for a confession. She said she knew who put the stickers on the floor. It was this character.

Hmmmmm. Yet another perk of cohabitating with a toddler, the imaginations run wild. Best part, she was completely convinced that it was Murray and not herself. Amazing. Another amazing thing, look at this floor in the hallway…

it just goes to prove that sometimes, yes sometimes, my floors can be without fur-balls. It doesn’t happen often, and I am sure that there are already a good 2 or 3 in the hallway by now, but every now and then, when the vacuum is run, it happens. Speaking of vacuums. This one (check out that sweet sleeping brown doggie in the background, I heart him)


is NOT recommended by my maid. Well, maybe if you don’t have hardwoods and labs, it might be fine. But this vacuum is only brought out to vacuum the one rug I own in the house. When used on hardwoods, it pushes the fur all around and sends it flying into the air to get stuck on furniture and drapery. Not cool. It brings out some bad words; well…at least that is what the maid said.

We actually had a good time cleaning today. The maid discovered last week that Sean Kingston Pandora will rock you out and allow for plenty of booty-dancing-dusting and cleaning. Never heard of this? You should try it. I am NOT a dancer. In fact, if you ever see me dancing it is time to take me home, give me 4 Advil for prophylaxis and a nice big glass of ice water and not listen to a word I say in the meantime. Just saying. But in cleaning, it is fun to break out some moves. Last week the maid was busted in such a cleaning dance-party by the mail lady who I believed laughed the entire way down the block. Today, she (the maid) was much sneakier about her antics. However, one adorable toddler couldn’t resist the party, and had to indulge herself.

Speaking of one adorable toddler, how about this one…..oh how she melts me when she sleeps.

She has gotten quite feisty lately. Have NO clue where she gets it either. I mean, she has always been sassy, but oh dear. How many times must I say I am scared for the teenage years? Just check out this moment in which she is telling me, “no, you do not tells me what to dos. I NOT gonna do dat becaws I don’t want to. Do you understands me?”

To which an appropriate Come to Jesus meeting was held to remind her who would be speaking in such a tone and who would not. So, she does her next favorite. By the way, I heart this picture because it has all my babies in it, except Byron. Even sneaky sticker-putting-on-the-floor kitty in the window wanting to come outside.

Pouting. Child gets it honest. But she is good. Really good. She crosses her arms and exclaims, “No I will not tawk to you right nows. I am not talking. I am mad, leave me alone.” To which I usually do. There are only so many tail-whoopings and battles that are picked in my day with a three-year old. I tend to like to argue with her. And why? I have no clue. I find myself being embarrassed by myself when I do it, but I must. And, I must have the last word. Unfortunately, so does she. So, this makes for interesting days at the Norris house.

But really, she is just too cute. I mean, seriously. This is when she wanted to put on her new kini-bra and have a “model photo shoot.” Not kidding. When she wants to take pictures, she will. However, when she isn’t “feeling it” put the camera away or everyone will be in tears. Promise.


Well, now that her highness is asleep, the house is clean and exercise for the day is done I am thinking either of grabbing my book and hitting the couch with my brown boy that I already found curled up here

even AFTER the maid vacuumed the sofas. But, this is Mallard, just ask Byron…he gets away with murder in this house because he is my baby. :) Or, I might sew….or catch up on some good blogs. Hmmmmm. Or better yet, I just checked the radar as I am painfully waiting for photos to upload (does anyone know a way other than 5 at a time? I mean, let's face it...I post lots of pics per blog and then I go in and change the html codes to resize, it takes FOREVER) and I see a nice little thunderstorm that is just waiting for me to walk outside to watch it approach. All-time fave thing to do.

Until next time…

5 comments:

Amanda Jones said...

It sounds like your in the old editor. Go to settings and switch to new improved editor. You can upload as many pics as you want and it even puts a resizing bar under each pic!!

alicia harrison said...

i just bought the girls that cute swimsuit! I def. think the two of you should come hang out with me and Ramsey...i am worried about the teenage years with her also!! ha Oh the DRAMA!

Keri Sullivan Ninness said...

i think i need your maid to come to my house. she can even bring her booty dancing side kick. i have lots and lots of furballs.

p.s. that kid is sooooo you.

Russ, Anna, Pepper and Vesper said...

Awe, Amy this was a good post!!!!! Good for you for cleaning and working out all before naptime, get it girl. Those two black and white pics of Louisa are frame worthy too!!!!

Lindsey Buck said...

adore the kini pictures. can't wait to see what hannah's gonna do in front of the camera when she gets a little holder. i think she hams it up now...ha!