Friday, June 25, 2010

My Loves

I don't think it is any secret that I adore my child and my labs. None at all. So, this post should come as no surprise to you.

Today was hot, imagine that. And I had promised Lou that we would play in the pool if she was sweet while I ran. And she was. And let me just say, I had always heard about Lady Gaga and didn't really know her music, just only heard about how crazy she was. Well, I am not one to give someone a hard time for being different. In fact, I love that. But I heard one of her songs on my run today that Pandora threw at me, and let me just say...I got hooked. Paparazzi. Oooh, I loved this song. I wanted Pandora to repeat. It was the best beat to run to. I hearted it. Well, so then I decided I wanted to try more Lady Gaga, well, she is now my running BFF. Confession....I like Lady Gaga. She can rock it out and her beats are PHENOMENAL to run to. At least, I think so. Okay, that tangent is over. Back to the child. So, we went outside to play in the pool in the 200 degree heat. Well, what followed just melted my heart....even more than the heat could. Two of my children playing nicely (which usually doesn't happen with the brown dog and my child, instead they argue) in a situation they both love, water. It was great.





You may can tell in some of these pics they are "fighting" over something. This little guy....


Mallard, my sweet and high-maintenance brown dog, loves a small plastic toy around a pool. Well, he has a bit of an obsessive personality and I finally just had to take Flounder away to avoid any other melt downs, whether from the tow-headed fireball or the brown dog. Geeze. But just look at this face. Is there anything happier than a lab in water?


Wondering where my sweet Lucy-goose was? Hiding. Lucy doesn't do water. At all. She will stand in it to her ankles, but that is it. So, she preferred to hang out inside conked out of the sofa in the living room. Sweet girl.

On another note....we have had a rash of mermaid-involved tragedies here recently. Remember this one??? Poor Ariel face down in the pool.


Well, her partner in crime, Barbie Mermaid suffered a similar fate today. Oops.


A certain deranged brown lab is to blame. Mermaids, beware.

Oh, and on another note, I had the radio on the outside speakers and was listening to one of the pop channels, you know the ones that play the same song over again every hour?? Well, today I wasn't as annoyed. They continued to play the Lady Antebellum Need You Now song and I decided that although I had heard of this group, I had never listened to them. Well, I likey, a lot. That girl's voice gives me goose bumps. And props to them for making drunk-dialing sound so innocent. I mean, I could've used knew some people at UGA that needed this backup. :) It made me laugh. So, today I decided I liked Lady Gaga and Lady Antebellum all within a few hours of each other. Crazy, right?

Anyways, how obvious is it that I cannot stay on one subject today? Sometimes my brain gets frustrated like that when I have a thousand things going on in it. Like brownie-goose fall line. So, maybe I will get on to the sewing room and get some of this gray-matter frustration taken care of.

In the meantime....how about this one? HAAAAAA!


Until next time...

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

I "heart" you and your "children". You keep me laughing at least everyother day!

Hamad & Kristin said...

Im seriously laughing outloud to the "drunk-dialing" comment... im minorly obsessed with Lady A... love them...

Clint and Jeri Anne said...

Clint and I just had a very in-depth convo about Lady Gaga tonight. We also love her but she just looked awful when she appeared on The City recently . . . wow, that makes my husband sound really gay. And I know the guy who sings in Lady A . . . well, I know his wife and have only been around him for a wedding weekend, but it still makes me feel really cool. He's a Georgia boy, by the way.

Keri Sullivan Ninness said...

come back- i miss you :)