Sunday, July 25, 2010

Louisa Kate, In Lights

There is no doubt in my mind that someday my child will do something big. She has a flare for the dramatic, and I almost choke when I say that...because a flare is an UNDER-statement.

Anyways, this week, she really is a star. She is in the front window of one of Jackson's newest frame shops. My neighbor, who is the owner had asked to get a picture of her to do a sort of "beachy-themed" window display, and since I sometimes take pictures of her, I had to oblige. Well, Dana let me know when it was up and I kept it a secret from Lou but told her that I had a surprise to show her at Dana's shop. Well, we pulled up...and she said, "Oh look Mommy, dat is me in dat store. Am I's a model?" And she said this in a tone that she would say the ordinary, and never skipped a beat and kept going. Well, then I got her out of the car and she got to look up close and that is when she turned to me with smile that I WISH I had captured on camera. I could barely see her eyes because her smile was so big and she yelled in her typical-Louisa-non-inside voice, "Ooooohhh my gawsh. Dat is me. I am such a mobie star."And, stardom was born.

Cute, isn't she? Well, if you are in Jackson...you really should stop by the store. It is called Peacock Alley and it is in Canton Mart right next to Lemongrass and across from Majestic Burger. They've got some great stuff in there, especially in the front window. :)

Until next time...

3 comments:

Nora said...

Congrats Lou!!!! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this!!!!!! She is a "mobie star", how did you know that this would make me laugh and put such a smile on my face? :-)

Rachel said...

such a cute kid!

Keri Sullivan Ninness said...

stunning! You may have your work cut out for you with that kid, but at least she will be able to support you in your old age! Love her!!