Monday, August 2, 2010

R.I.P. "Boobewwies"


Okay, you may notice that every now and then I like to bring myself back down to the ground and remember the little things that really matter in life. I don't blog every time that perspective gets me, if I did...I'd blog a whole lot more. But sometimes moments just get you, and when they get me, I like to share. So, as of lately...it has been hot as blue blazes. I mean, I don't even step foot outside which is huge for me. I'd rather be outside more often than not, but not lately. This is one of the VERY few things about summertime that I do not like. Otherwise, I really love summer more than anything. But as I am starting to get cabin fever and tired of feeling so bleh, I just start to get the funk. You know what I mean? When daily life is almost just the same ole routine day in-day out. Thankfully I have some amazing friends that have ventured out in the heat with me lately to get out of the old rut, but it just starts to get you. And then today, as I wrote a check to the veterinarian for the amount of $279 the whole while my stomach turning knowing that was money that I had saved for Louisa's tuition for Mother's Morning Out...I just got the funk, big time. I mean, it is hot as freaking get-out, I don't want to go outside, I am bored in the house, we are having a new roof put on that means CONSTANT banging added to a headache that doesn't seem to want to go away, and I am now not only broke but hoping that there will be money left over in the main account (yes, we still have separate finances) to pay for Lou's school (since I try to pay it out of brownie-goose money), you know.....poor pitiful me. Can you just hear my small little violin? PS - this is NOT a cry for monetary help, I am simply venting here.

So, in this funk-da-fied state I knew that I needed a new grasp of reality before I invited anyone else to my pity-party. So, I refocused and remembered the little things. Those little things that make me so happy. And, in the simplest of ways...cutting up some produce made me smile. The smell of watermelon and strawberries grounded me into remembering, hey....it is summertime, this is a fun time. Get over it. And I did. And the little tot down the hall surely smelt the same thing as she came running and grinning for a bowl of strawberries and blueberries. I did, however frown for one moment when she correctly pronounced blueberries instead of calling them "boobewwies." Sigh.

And then on another note, as I walked to the front room to figure out what sort of commotion was going on for the dogs to be barking up a seeeerious storm, I saw this sweet, sweet face and I melted.

Suddenly, it didn't matter that I spent almost $300 at the vet today. Because, if I had to....I would have spent more. This sweet little face means so much to me. She scared us there with a limp that wouldn't get better. For all of those people that know my hypochondriac and sometimes pessimistic side, you know that I was convinced it was something awful like bone cancer or something. But to hear the vet tell me today that it is just mild dysplasia that is probably caused by some excessive weight, I breathed easier. That $300 is well worth each penny. And at the end of the day, I will have money to pay for Lou's school...but it is hard not to stress about it. Had I had my rear-end in gear and all the fall stuff for brownie-goose ready already, I wouldn't be sweating it for a moment. But, things work out. They always do...much to the dismay of certain control-freaks like me. But, in the mean-time, we have 6 weeks to get Lucy back down to 120 lbs. She is now at 134. So, wish us luck here.

As I am typing, I hear thunder in the distance. This makes me smile. I love me some thunder. Although I know deep down that there will be no rain dumped (I am hoping for reverse psychology here) it doesn't matter, I love the sound. It grounds me. So, how's that for my dose of perspective for the day. Ever have those moments? I sometimes wish that I could always remember that it is the small, simple things that matter the most, but then...I don't know. I love the feeling of being grounded. It is refreshing. It gives an all-new look. I don't think I'd appreciate it half as much if I thought that way all the time. So, to end this all-over-pity-party-turned-dose of perspective post....I will try and take Murray's point of view. Seriously? This cat....

Until next time...

2 comments:

Russ, Anna, Pepper and Vesper said...

A little fresh fruit will go a long way!!!!! We love you guys

kosekcasa said...

I love fresh fruit after a trip to the store! It makes me excited to be in the kitchen!