Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Worth a Thousand Words...

Okay, so it is no secret that I love my camera and love to take pictures of things. Just anything, but mostly my child and my animals. My pictures did not always make me happy, but now they do. Granted, for every ONE good photo I have, there are probably about 10 others that were edited out that didn't turn correctly with over-exposure, under-exposure, missed focus, etc. But hey, we learn through experience...right?

Anyways, I have had tons of people comment and email and ask what kind of camera I used. This blows my mind because I was that girl that always commented on other blogs and researched and tried to figure out what cameras people were using for such clear pictures. I am NOT a professional photographer, let me repeat...NOT a professional, I just happen to enjoy it. By the way, I have a Nikon D40 (they no longer make this model, I have had it for 3 years) and primarily use my prime lens that is 35 mm with a 1.8 aperture. Greek to you? It used to be to me.

Well, I have some great news for you out there who have been wanting to take amazing photos, learn more about their cameras and how to use them and capture beautiful moments in life. The girl who taught me everything there is to know about my camera and how to use it is now offering an online course to teach you as well. I know you have heard me talk about her, she is Katie Stafford and she is the photographer and genius behind Mary Moment Photography. She takes the most amazing pictures and I swear I could look at her work all day long. Okay, so she is now offering a 6 week online course in how to use your camera. Most of the class will be taught around digital SLR cameras, and teaching you the importance of aperture, shutter speed, ISO, how to and how not to pose, etc. This course is being offered for $75. Girls (and guys if yall are reading) this is a STEAL. Trust me. She is brilliant when it comes to children's photography, and I am not in doubt that her genius will rub off on you. Best part for me, Katie explains it in terms that are easy to understand for those of us who aren't born camera smart.

Seriously, $75 for an online course to help you take gorgeous photographs...you cannot beat it with a stick.

I am proud to say, that after lessons from Katie...my camera has been in manual for about 4 months now. And to my amazement, it hasn't blown up and neither have I. :)

So, check it out....sign up today and get your lens ready to fire off some amazing photos. You will not be sorry. For all of you out there with Nikons (this is what I shoot) and Canons (this is what Katie shoots) here is the chance to see what that camera really can do.

Here is the link....tell her I sent you, but hurry! Mary Moment Photography Online Course

Here is one of my faves I took of Louisa after a lesson in lighting from Katie. I heart it. As I said, worth a thousand words. Please don't miss out on this!


No comments: