Monday, November 1, 2010

You Picked A Fine Time Lucille...

The title says it all. I usually don't give the stink eye to a day just because I try to be positive, but today can kiss my rear for all I care. Maybe not that harsh, but it has not been a good day. Oh wait, duh...it was Monday.

However, it isn't Lucille that is acting a fool at our house, and believe it or not - it isn't Lou either. Who is the guilty party? Thelma.

Who is Thelma do you ask? Only my trusty sewing machine that I have had for 4 years this Christmas. This afternoon she became un-usable. She has been making a funny noise for about a month, maybe more...and then has had some tension issues in the last few weeks and today when a clicking sound started I decided I should probably take it apart and clean. I am NOT known for having clean machines, and I am already dreading getting yelled at by the repair guy about how filthy she really is. Well, this is what I got out of a very small area where the bobbin sits.

So, I thought - duh, that's her problem. Now, let's get back to work. See - I just blogged yesterday on my brownie-goose blog about how I have a goal to get all of my orders done and basically this boils down to me doing 8 items of clothing a day. Eeeks. Double-eeks and gargamels when my machine acts up. Well, I jinxed myself as I spent the rest of the afternoon ripping seams that were sewn improperly and taking apart and putting Thelma back together and trying everything in my right mind to fix the issue. No luck. So, here she sits...

on the floor of my sewing room to be taken to the doctor tomorrow. Well - now is NOT the time for me to be sewing-machineless. So, I went and got a back-up (I have been needing a back-up anyways) and have sewn a pair of pants so far, and it works fine...but it isn't Thelma. I heart her and I am sad she is sick and I NEED her to get well soon. Very soon in fact. I mean...this is the rate I am trying to work, you see.

Well, now that you all think I am a little nutty for writing an entire post about a sewing machine and my love affair with it, you are probably right. Will it help to admit that tonight while cooking dinner I had an absolute MELTDOWN (Louisa-style) when the rice boiled over in the microwave. I mean, crying, throwing the dish-towel, bad words, stomping, flailing of the arms, etc. In fact, my dear sweet husband (who is sooooooooo ready to have his "normal" not-so-crazy-hormone-infested-stressed out wife back) just looked, grabbed Lou's hand and led her outside to give me time. Lordy. Don't we love those moments?

On a lighter note...how about trying to get a picture before trick-or-treating at a friend's house with me and Louisa. Let me just show you how that goes. We start out - I mean, check out the faces!

And then I get tickled (and look slightly evil), and so does she.

Geeze. Oh, and more humor. How about this fat kitty cat standing on her tip-toes trying to get a lizard on the door. It was way cute and kept her entertained for about an hour. Of course you can imagine how exhausted she is now, I haven't seen her move in the last few hours. She is breathing though.

So, in the time it took to take a few minutes from the sewing machines to vent and get some therapy, my computer also crashed and took a good 30 minutes to come back for me to finish this post. I think this is a sign. I think I need to turn off my machines, stop wishing I had a bottle or glass of wine and get to this...

Until next time...

3 comments:

Aflowers said...

Ummmmmm, Can I just say Beth told me to check out these pics of Lou and they are HILARIOUS!!!! Was she out the night before, because I have had made that face the morning after a long night! Or, i am going really ghetto on you but have you ever seen Teen Mom on MTV because she may have stolen Farrah's cry face! Ha ha! Her facial expressions are to die for! Allie Harris, Anna Sims and Lou would be quick friends...and Divas all together at that! Hope all is going great and you are feeling well!

Elizabeth said...

Amy, I love the Halloween pics. They are too cute. Keep those somewhere safe. I'm sure Louisa will LOVE to see them when she's in high school!! :)

kosekcasa said...

Love the pics of you and Lou! So funny! I also have a love/hate relationship with my sewing machine, I think all who own one do! I see you have a brother (or was that your back up). I also have a brother. I like it alright, but keep thinking about upgrading to something more heavy duty...but I keep telling myself I have to be a better seamstress before I upgrade.