Friday, February 25, 2011

If I could find it, not only would I push it, but I would also stomp & sit on it.

My Easy Button, that is.

I know I have fallen behind on posting, I have sweet emails from friends reminding me of this. :) However, it has been an absolute circus here lately. But no fun elephants. It would have been cooler if there were elephants.

Yes, there is a baby. And yes, he finally got a name. We welcomed Nash Butler Norris on 2/16/11 at 9:36 pm and he was 7 lbs 13 oz and 20 in long. We are in love. He is the sweetest thing and hoping not to jinx it....but he SLEEPS! This has been wonderful as it has been nuts.

And by nuts, I mean Murphy came to help with the baby.

He brought the stomach bug, which is awesome in a house with a baby under a week. I mean, the coolest ever.

He then broke our dryer. Anyone ever tried to have a new baby in a house without a dryer? It's fun. Really. I mean, I know people did it back in the day - but I am not back in the day. And even with me being the worst laundry-doer ever, I still miss my dryer. So, if you come over and the house smells like milk, sorry...it is Nash's laundry hamper.

Isn't he so sweet? Murphy, that is.

It has been a week, and I promise to post pics of this cuteness as soon as I am up and knowing which way is up again. The first few days home from the hospital I was still high on adrenaline and things were fab. Then, the adrenaline wore off and I was in a Percocet-induced high no thanks to delivery-recovery. Once I began to see through the Percocet, I was blessed with clogged milk ducts and Mastitis. Really, it has been a ride.

So, once everything clears up - I promise pics and stories and then I will probably apologize in advance for more pictures. But crazy as it is, I haven't even had my camera out! That says something in this house.

Until I stumble upon the Easy Button...

4 comments:

B said...

Glad y'all are hanging in there! Stomach virus with a baby to take care of - no bueno! And mastitis is very much no bueno either! I got it around week 4 or 5 in both sides (which all the Internet sources will tell you it's commonly only in one side) and took almost a month of antibiotics to finally kick it (which those same sites will tell you it'll b gone in 2-3 days).

Can't wait to see more pics!!

kosekcasa said...

CONGRATS!!!!! SO happy for you guys!

I will gladly come grab a load of laundry from you...please text me if you need help. I also want to bring you dinner!

Keri Sullivan Ninness said...

oh gal- prayers for the easy button soon! I swear we have clogged ducts over here a few times a month (including now) and it is making me want to throw in the towel on b'feeding now!! Anywho- LOVEEEEEEEEEEE his name. and Love you!! Take care!

Jessa said...

Great Big Congrats!!! Way to go! And what a great name! Can't wait to see him!