Friday, September 2, 2011

Got the Blues...

My 'Dear John' letter to my fave blue jeans...

To my dearest designer jeans, especially you...Sevens and Citizens,

I am afraid our love affair is over. I think this has been coming for the past 2 years...but it is finally time. We must part our ways. I don't even think we can stay friends.

I must say that my time with you was wonderful. I have known you since my college days in Athens. You have been with me through many times whether they were fraternity band parties, field parties, oyster roasts, low country boils or just one of those nights at the Georgia Theatre. After college, we stayed together and endured many things, including meeting the man of my dreams.

You even helped me through 2 pregnancies while I all but defied your limits with a rubber-band tied around your button.

But, the time has come. This will not be an easy part, and I don't feel we can ever try to re-kindle it either. On Thursday, I tried to give you one last chance as I walked around the house doing lunges and squats trying to make it where I could wear you and still breathe. It just didn't work.

Please don't fret - I promise I will not replace you with 'Mom Jeans.' I just cannot go there. But, as a mom...I can no longer afford you first-hand and no longer have the time to search for you second-hand. I also can no longer try to squeeze my baby-birthing hips into your sleek profile which I have loved for so long. Thank you, for making me and my hiney look fashionable for the last decade, but I feel it is no longer good-looking when my back-straps and love handles pop over the top in the much un-desirable 'muffin top.'

You will be missed tremendously not only by me, but also my numerous pairs of danskos, flip flops and my cowboys boots that love you almost as much as I have.

XOXO forever,
Amy

Can you tell how put out I am with blue jeans? Ugh. Coming from a girl that lives in them, I am seriously depressed. Looks as though I will be in the market for new jeans this fall. I have to face the fact that no matter how hard I Jillian Michael, run, etc...I am now blessed with hips. Hips that were not there before...and hips that wont fit into my beloved blue jeans. Ugh. What are your fave brands? I still like a wide-leg. I know that it probably isn't 'fashionable' anymore...but neither are my Danskos that I refuse to ever give up. Gross...anyone want to come jean shopping with me?


15 comments:

Misty said...

Gap...and I will be rubber banding those babies as long as I possibly can over the next 7 months!

Katie P said...

I am far from fashionable but Gap blue jeans have always been my faves! When I was in high school I wore BKE jeans some but I wasnt buying them then :)

Elizabeth said...

I go crazy at TJ Maxx. They have tons of styles + brands to choose from. No worries. I said farewell to some of my favorites too. You are not alone. :)

amanda said...

Wide leg pants are actually the Exactly what is in fashion. We are transitioning back from skinnies much to my chagrin. It is much harder as a tall girl with long legs to findthe right length flares than skinnies that are supposed to be short. also, I agree Gap are great!

Holly H said...

I'm a fan of Lucky Brand (but so out of the price range for this poor resident) and love me some Levis. The bonus with Levis, there is a hint of spandex in them and they are affordable!!

Lauren Watson said...

i have my beloved Lucky jeans that I should probably write the same letter to. I can't afford new ones and i don't know if I can't wait to lose 10 more 10lbs :( BOO!!!!!

Erin said...

You can get those Lucky Jeans at Stein Mart for cheaper. I used to wear Gap, but too much money considering I would wear them out. So.... I switched to Old Navy jeans because they are cheapo and come in several body types that work for me when I'm going up and down in weight.

Lauren Watson said...

I once made a purse out of an old Gap pair that I loved :) Yours would come better than mine! I used the hemlines as the base for the handles.....hehehe I'm a geek, but didn't have to part with them! I still have it! I jazzed it up with beads. lol

I made mistakes on my last comment! I have 10 more lbs to go! I don't know if I CAN wait to lose it :)

Frances said...

Every once and while I try on all my old Seven jeans, but they never fit...and I am always depressed afterwards. A pair or two will actually button, but it is not a pretty sight. I have also tried running and been slapped around my Jillian, but my hips still won't budge. I often wonder if I will ever wear jeans again???

Let me know if you find a good brand!

Playing Sublimely said...

Hey friend...long time no talk!!!

Sara said...

Gap Curvy Straight is my new fave. Old Navy Sweetheart is my cheap alternative. Ann Taylor makes stylish jeans for a womanly figure. I have a pair of those from the Silver Sands Outlet in Destin...

Sarah Broadus said...

Gap jeans are great as well as old navy divas (great for us with curvy bottoms)

Nikki said...

i like J Crew and Express. i buy mine from the j crew outlet and wait until express has buy one get one 1/2 off then use my 40 off 120 coupon I get from joining the mailing list. Good luck!

me weber said...

Ann Taylor Loft has some bootcut with and without stretch jeans... and they have petites too.

Loves Pink and Pearls said...

New to your blog and just LOVE it! I recommend stalking ruelala.com and ideeli.com and see if you can find any designer denim for cheap! I know there is an upcoming sevens sale on ruelala (http://www.ruelala.com/invite/luvspinkpearls). Im a denimaholic and can tell you no one even sells jeans cheap anymore! Not even Target. American Eagle is an okay bet, try the JCREW outlet if you need specialty sizes like (p or tall). Gap is having some great 1969 denim promos right now too (but those give me diaper seat, so be warned haha)