Friday, July 27, 2012

Fast-Forward

This child right here...

 

I took her school supply shopping last night. For kindergarten. How/what/why/WHEN did that happen? Seems like only yesterday, this was the girl I knew...







Not ready at all for kindergarten, but still my little Lou. Man, it tugs at those heartstrings I didn't know I had until just recently. Goodness gracious.

But, in typical Louisa fashion, school supply shopping was oh so colorful and dramatic. Can you even imagine? Thank goodness Mead, Five Star and those other school supply companies have recently added the likes of pink, purple, hearts and sparkles to their lines. We sat on one aisle for 15 minutes while Lou chose from a sparkly purple folder and a shiny pink one. NOT kidding. But, the apple didn't fall far from the tree since her momma can spend hours in the school supply section. :) I had to calm my inner dork about all the new highlighters, pens and markers out on the market. Ooohhh...and did I mention the Trapper Keepers? I almost tripped over my buggy and fell down. Note to self, I must find a reason that I need a trapper keeper. And maybe a few new pens. Okay, okay...and highlighters while I am at it. :)

And just to entertain you with another one of Lou's signature moments...

The other night Byron and I were going to a meet and greet event and dinner. Well, I actually had rollers in my hair and was putting on make-up and wearing high heels (did you happen to see the pigs flying that night?) and as Lou was helping me with my make-up (thankfully I don't have any colored eyeshadows or crazy blushes or anything wild, because I feel certain those would have been her picks, she sighed at one point and referred to my make-up collection, which mind you some pieces have been around since high school...wow, as "boring and dumb") she said to me, "You know mommy, you should really actually DO something with yourself more often. You look so much better."

Ouch. Thanks Louisa!

Hehe, but seriously...moms of babes, don't blink. Don't ever blink!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Love this!

Unknown said...

Love this!!!!

Luanne Wieland said...

10Love your stories, and glad you had fun school supply shopping with your girl! Boys just don't get the whole school supply shopping thing...I am the mom of 3 boys, with our youngest about to leave home and go to school on the far away planet (haha) Chicago ...you are so right about not blinking. :-) Keep the stories coming, especially in August and September! Thanks for sharing!